Early fetal movements

itwasawendys

Reaction score
At about 11 weeks I started feeling the occasional tiny bubbling feeling to the left of my uterus, where the baby implanted and where they've done all 3 of my ultrasounds so far. This is my second baby so I knew exactly what I was feeling and these feelings still happen occasionally, but did not before!

Yesterday at 14 weeks and 6 days, still pretty early to be feeling movement, I was in the bath sure I was feeling some movement to the left, then sure enough something popped out of my stomach and moved about 3 inches up and towards my belly button! And then it happened again but a lot less prominent. It felt like a sort of rolling feeling, just how my first did when he moved, who I also felt early and was seeing kicks before 20 weeks, just not this early!

My question is, how uncommon is this? I've searched literally everything it could have been, and I know the baby is pretty small still but it's the only thing I have found that pops out of your belly and moves across. I've tried to find videos of gas causing this but nothing! I know movements can get confused with gas early on, but if you can actually see it surely it is the baby? By the looks of it, gas isn't seen from the outside, and if it was, if a gas bubble could do that then surely a 4 inch fetus can?

Thanks!

I felt movements around that time with both this pregnancy and my last. These sensations were very sporadic-- with days between each tiny movement. However, I knew exactly what they were. I feel like it's hard to mistake them for anything else once you know what you're lookig for. I finally starting feeling semi-regular movement (at least a little something each day) by 16 weeks.

I'm still waiting on regular movement and feeling it on the outside, can't wait for DD to feel her baby brother or sister! Nothing really to add except I'm a tiny bit jealous lol

I felt movement with my first baby around 15 weeks. No one believe me but it felt like a little finger poke, not really like butterflies. This pregnancy it took a little longer (17ish weeks).

It isn't unusual to feel movements earlier in subsequent pregnancies, but I would think it is more unusual to see it that early since the baby is so small. You said you saw it by your belly button, though, and that is a little strange because I don't think your uterus gets there until 20 weeks. Yours would be about half way between pelvic and belly button. Definitely interesting and I'd be watching my belly all the time to see repeat performances!

I had the same thing last night! I've been feeling movement since 11ish weeks as well and yesterday while feeling movement I saw my uterus wiggle around a bit from it! I was astonished because I didn't see movement from the outside til about 20 weeks last time. As for it being higher up than it is supposed to be, I have also been feeling the movement exactly where they have found the heartbeat and found baby on the ultrasound...so I'm pretty sure my uterus is just a bit higher up than usual this time.

Not that uncommon.
That was the instance for the last pregnancy and this one. As for consistent movements, two days ago hubby felt the baby move ALOT. Since then I have felt baby move inside and outside more than a few times a day!

I can drink a cup of juice and get the baby moving!

I am feeling outside kicks with my hand now too. I am quite small, so maybe why x

I was seeing kicks outside at 17 weeks this time, with my first I didn't even feel them on the inside til much later so I thought it was my imagination :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->