Early food aversions?

NinjaPanda

Reaction score
Has anyone had early food aversions? I am almost 5w and I swear to god anything with pork is just making horribly queasy. I haven't thrown up or anything, I just feel dizzy and ill after I have anything with pork in it. With my previous pregnancies that ended in losses, I never had this feeling. That, and as soon as I wake up I am ravenous. I never used to eat breakfast and now I can't survive without it!

I had food aversions from early on too. Chicken and meat in general was just unfathomable. Until third trimester if I had meat it had to be chopped and mixed with other food or in heavy sauce... Mexican or Indian. I was also eating breakfast like crazy. It was my best meal of the day.

Omg, that is EXACTLY how I feel lately!

I'm also having sleep issues. I get super tired around 7 or 8pm and then cannot sleep for the rest of the night after if I don't go to bed right then.

I think I slept my entire first trimester. I was in bed beteeen 9pm and 9:30pm. If I wasn't I would feel like the worst hangover the next day.

yeah, I get the hangover feeling. It's a daily occurrence for me. Guess I need to stop being so damn stubborn and just go to bed at 7. hahaha!

I was definitely this way. I've never puked from morning sickness but I had the worst food a versions this time around.
From 6 weeks to 11 weeks, no meats and hardly any vegetables.
I survived on fruits, yogurt, soups, and baked potatoes.
But I promise there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
I'm now eating like a cow :D

Good to know.... even the though of meat and veggies makes me cringe! I've been trying to force myself for nutrition sake but ughh. Today I had a chicken sandwich and the funny thing is that the only thing that could get rid of the horrible aftermath was a bowl of gelato.

I ate gallons of soup and heaps of pasta during pregnancy... hence the damn weight gain 15lbs of which are hanging around like they belong....

For me its anything filled.
Eg chocolate bars with a filling,buscuits with jam inside (jaffa cakes,yuk!)
Normally i love stuff like that.
Everytime I see the advert for the new cookie dough kitkat chocolate bar I dry heave.

My dr said not to worry too much about food aversions first tri and just eat whatever I could stomach because baby will take what they need anyway.
The only time to worry is if you absolutely can't stomach anything or if you become very dehydrated.
Your prenatal should take care of most of baby's needs.
You'll have lots of time to balance meals when you can eat everything again.
So eat that Gelato and be a happy momma!

I've been very similar. Since 8 weeks ish I've been off meat, fish and veg but I can eat fruit all day long - as well as all the carbs! I've been feeling a bit guilty about it as I normally eat plenty of veg but just the thought of it - ergh! However, I did eat some broccoli yesterday so I'm hoping I am slowly moving away from the food aversions. I feel you on the fatigue. I've been going to bed around 9/9.30pm and have to haul myself out of bed at 7.30am. Infact I took today off I've been that tired, just felt terrible.

Yup, i had early aversions too. It's actually been my "tell tale" sign each time i was pregnant. This time at 8 dpo my morning ice coffee nearly made me puke. Since i've been just tolerating meats (although it comes and goes), and no veggies, and fruits are up in the ait depending on the fruit. Basically all i've wanted the past week is cheese and bread. I'm going to try chicken again today since the thought of it isn't repulsing me like it usually does.

Edit to add, i've also been ravenous for a couple weeks. I've taken to having sips of cream in the middle of the night to calm my stomach because, of course, the idea of eating crackers is gross. Yesterday was the first day i felt satiated and it's because i gave into my "need" for pizza.

The only thing that seems to currently sate me and get rid of my nausea is gingerbread cookie ice cream. It's terrible, I've gained like 5lbs in the past week, which I know is not healthy.... I'm gonna have to watch that. LOL.... my MIL is a nurse practitioner and she suggested gingerale instead I just hate the fizziness of pop though. Guess, I'll have to try it.

I had an aversion to peanut butter which lasted my entire pregnancy. I didn't eat it again until after the baby arrived!

Already feeling this way. I currently can't stand bananas...which I used to eat just fine. Actually, anything sweet I am just not into...which is weird for me.

I cannot eat cupcakes or fish, which is upsetting lol. My sister made me a whole batch of cupcakes and I couldn't stomach to eat one before vomiting.

I am craving all savoury foods, which is unusual as I have a very sweet tooth normally. Although the smell of any fried food is making me want to be sick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->