Early name ideas and issues!

DissySunshine

Reaction score
Hi all, first time poster on this part of the forum :)

We are due in Nov and still have no clue what we're having, but we have some names in mind:

Girl:
Kella Marie
Nora(h?) Brienne
Anna Marie
Zain Kay

Boy:
Hayden Kayl
Zain Kayl (Kay was dh's mom's middle name, but it didn't quite go with the girl names so...)
Open to suggestions for boy names - they are hard!

What do you think?
Now the dilemma! We have no idea what we are having for a few more weeks, but I have two family members due ahead of me. Momma #1 is having a girl and is choosing Ella or Avery, but probably Ella. Momma #2 is choosing Ellie if she has a girl.
Kella is our number one choice, but I know they sound way too similar to use since we see them so often. Should I just go with it anyway, or start to let go and say goodbye to my favorite name?

We already have a Caden in the family! That's the problem with my family - there are so many of us and we are so close that names are hard to come by.

I like Casyn but my dh is not sold on it.

I agree with previous poster - Kayden would be a nice way to honor OHs mom - and is a very nice boy's name! Or maybe Kaysen/Kaycen?

Girl options: Kaylana, Kayliana, Kayleigh, Kaysie

My opinion - Not a fan of Norah, Anna, or Zain for a baby girl - sorry!

Kella is cute - but Kella, Ella, and Ellie all the same age, in the same family is a bit much!

How about: Makella, McKella, McKenna, Makayla (to include Kay)

Additional boy names suggestions:

Holden
Zander

Ella = Ellie to me they are the same name but one is in "nickname" format and the other is more proper.
Kella seems very different in the respect that I doubt her nickname would be Ella? More likely to be Kel in my opinion which is a completely different name, although they clearly rhyme. But that's fine I think!

Never heard of Zain for a girl...I think it's lovely as nickname could be Zainey (like Lainey)

What about Karsyn/Carson Kai for a boy?

If there's already a Cayden in your family I wouldn't want a Hayden too? Seems like your family likes similar names lol

Ella = Ellie to me they are the same name but one is in "nickname" format and the other is more proper.
Kella seems very different in the respect that I doubt her nickname would be Ella? More likely to be Kel in my opinion which is a completely different name, although they clearly rhyme. But that's fine I think!

Never heard of Zain for a girl...I think it's lovely as nickname could be Zainey (like Lainey)

What about Karsyn/Carson Kai for a boy?

If there's already a Cayden in your family I wouldn't want a Hayden too? Seems like your family likes similar names lol
I come from a very, VERY large and very close family. There are multiples of Johns, Matts, Mikes, and Joes. So we have started getting creative :)
I work in a school, and there is a little girl named Zain (it's why we started thinking of it). I think it sounds better as a girl's name, because I like longer names for boys that can be shortened.
I'm glad Kella v. Ella isn't a huge deal to anyone else...must be my hormones!

I really like Carson for a boy. DH is alright with it, but he much prefers Adrian. Boy names have become the hardest thing on the planet...which probably means we'll have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->