Early Pregnancy Insomnia? Really?

Rymel12

Reaction score
When I was newly pregnant with my DD I was crashing on the couch by 8:30. This time? Totally opposite. Forcing myself to go to bed at my normal time then up every two hours. Sometimes with symptoms, sometimes not. Last night it was back pain keeping me up. I feel exhausted during the day and I keep thinking I'll crash hard any night now but it hasn't happened yet. It's getting to the point that I dread going to bed cause I'm stressed throughout the night. It's funny how one pregnancy can be so different from another. The insomnia this time I could definitely do without. :wacko:

How far along are you? My insomnia started very early on- like 5 weeks. I would crash from being exhausted early evening but only sleep until like 12am. I'd be up until like 4am, sleep until 6am, and then it would go on from there.

My obgyn said that your hormones are just going crazy early on and that's why you tend to have insomnia.

I'm 7w 1d now and I've found that I can sleep until like 4am now and then I'm up until around 7am then I'm back to sleep.

Dread, I was the same as you - sleeping early (around 8pm) and then awake from about midnight to 4am every night. That started around 5 weeks and I am hoping that it has now stopped because I've had a couple of good nights now. Doc said he finds it goes either way - either sleeping a lot or insomnia... I'd take sleeping a lot over insomnia! Good luck

How far along are you? My insomnia started very early on- like 5 weeks. I would crash from being exhausted early evening but only sleep until like 12am. I'd be up until like 4am, sleep until 6am, and then it would go on from there.

My obgyn said that your hormones are just going crazy early on and that's why you tend to have insomnia.

I'm 7w 1d now and I've found that I can sleep until like 4am now and then I'm up until around 7am then I'm back to sleep.

I'm 4 weeks 1 day so it's still very new and early. Like yourself 4 am is the magic hour I finally fall asleep for the last time that night. Hoping my symptoms improve a little like yours did and eventually sleep for longer stretches. I had really low progesterone with my DD at this point and I'm wondering if that spared me some of this last time.

I had insomnia from as soon as I found out (3.5 weeks) until about 6 weeks but now I am sleeping a lot better and also a lot more tired.

I actually had a normal night sleep last night for the first time in a week. And I'm super exhausted today! But still yay for sleep; I feel normal! 👍

With dd I couldn't sleep the entire first tri! My OB refommended Benadryl which did help and helped my allergies too.

I have a great habit of waking up at 4am when pregnant?!!! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->