Early pregnancy insomnia

Aphy

Reaction score
Please someone tell me this passes soon? 4+2 weeks pregnant and I have been having insomnia for the past 1.5weeks. Tired throughout the day but then can’t fall asleep tonight. Earlier in the week I could fall asleep but then wake up for 1-2 hrs in the middle of the night. It’s not something I have ever struggled with prior to pregnancy

I’d live to say it passes soon but I’m still right there with you at 11 weeks. I’ll have s good nights sleep then a few crap nights then a good etc. I’m waking around 3am and it takes me a good hour and half to drop back off again.

I think everyone is different. I’ve never had it before.

Hope it settles soon for you, meanwhile get what rest you can where and when you can. Good luck x

I’ve had this with all 3 pregnancies and it’s always around 3-4am I’m. Awake for an hour or more, drives me nuts! I think for me it passes then lack of sleep ends up being due to being bigger and uncomfortable, can’t win with sleep lol

With this baby I had insomnia leading up to my bfp, I was awake from 3am most mornings! It did eventually go away and I've enjoyed plenty of sleep, until now in 3rd tri when I have insomnia again!

I've hardly slept for 7 and a half months. Sorry to say. Insomnia since first trimester and now well into the 3rd trimester and still have trouble sleeping.

I'm so glad this isn't just me! I've been having problems getting to sleep even before I got a positive and I'm exhausted!

I got into bed fairly early last night and then struggled to sleep, must of eventually and then at about 1:30 this morning my daughter shouted to us that she'd been sick.... Luckily in a bucket and not her bed but last thing anyone wants to deal with lol!

I'm so glad this isn't just me! I've been having problems getting to sleep even before I got a positive and I'm exhausted!

I got into bed fairly early last night and then struggled to sleep, must of eventually and then at about 1:30 this morning my daughter shouted to us that she'd been sick.... Luckily in a bucket and not her bed but last thing anyone wants to deal with lol!

Oh no, I hope she is ok and it isn’t a bug

I have been waking up in the middle of the night for the last week. I had insomnia during my entire first pregnancy and not at all with my second.

I'm 9 weeks pregnant and am dealing with this as well... I have 3 kids and never had experienced insomnia before while pregnant... It sucks I'm sooo tired but can't sleep I wake up at 4am and stay up... I lay in bed trying to sleep at night an it takes hours before I fall asleep... Ughh hope it gets better for you and I lol..

Amazing how each pregnancy has its own little things

Oh no, I hope she is ok and it isn’t a bug

Thanks, she was fine after! This happens here and there where I think something doesnt agree with her and as she's lying down that's when it comes up bless her. No bug thankfully!

I had insomnia throughout pregnancy. I was tired all day and then come night time just became wide awake!

I've only just got my BFP and this is happening already... Could fall asleep in work but can't sleep at night. Same for the past week.

I have it really bad. Wake up at midnight and I’m up until 2-3. Then have to be up for work at 5.

I hope the insomnia improves for everyone really soon! Mine has resolved at least. We need our rest!

I still have trouble getting to sleep even though I’m exhausted,my 2 year old still only sleeps 20mins at a time so I’m up most of the night but no matter what time I try to sleep it takes me forever to drop off xx

20min? Wow, that must be horrible, dont know how you manage!

The fatigue will probably take over in a few weeks and you’ll start sleeping like the dead again. But unfortunately for me insomnia came back with my first in my third tri really bad. I had to use Robitussin to kind of knock myself out a bit because I would start panicking if I couldn’t fall asleep.

Then I slept like a brick when she was a newborn only to have terrible insomnia recur when she was about 6 months old. It’s weird because I used to sleep straight through and fall asleep instantly. Not anymore.

I didn’t get the exhaustion in neither my first nor this pregnancy. Lucky to have skipped that at least

20min? Wow, that must be horrible, dont know how you manage!

I’m kind of used to it now,it’s the norm for us lol he’s just been diagnosed with autism and that was the first sign,at first the hv were getting me to try all these different things but nothing worked,they then realised (after me filming a whole night of him) that he tries to sleep but he’s too active to stay still and can’t keep comfortable for any longer,they started him on melatonin but they gave him night terrors as he just kept screaming so I’ve taken him off of it and they are trying to rethink things before this bubba is born xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->