Early pregnancy + working out + SPD

bookworm0901

Reaction score
Hey all. Right before getting pregnant, I lost 45 lbs. I got to my smallest weight since high school and have been feeling great. I go to a workout class "boot camp" that I really enjoy.

A couple weeks ago when I was expecting AF, I went to my workout class and afterwards before my shower I started having SPD pain. I didn't even have my BFP yet but I know that pain anywhere! I tested that day and got my positive.

So now I'm trying to figure out what to do. I've continued working out but the SPD pain is getting worse. I had SPD with both other pregnancies but I didn't work out. I'm trying hard to manage my weight gain responsibly this pregnancy.

What's the science behind it? Is working out going to make things worse?

Well done you☺ I admire you for wanting to exercise with spd pain, did you chat with your doctor about it? I'm not sure that it will harm baby or anything but might make things more complicated for you. You could always try pilates as it helps with aches and pains and focuses on all those deep inner muscle tissue. Make sure the instructor is fully qualified to deal with pregnancy as well. Also you could try water areobics as its easy on your joints? All you need really is maintaining what youve got those exercises will keep you toned. I am 33 weeks and have just finished up with gym as muscles are really starting to loosen now, and I have been doing the pilates since the start 13 weeks and I have felt great, very little aches and pains, pilates had helped with back aches etc. Well worth doing xx

Unfortunately spd is one of the few conditions where exercise will make it worse. I Think you need to just weigh up what's right for you- msybe still exercise but much lighter or in water. I'd also recommend a support belt even this early if it's stsrted so soon. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->