Early scan after ivf

cooch

Mummy to one gorgeous boy
Reaction score
I got my very first bfp after ivf in October. I'm now 8+1 and have my early scan tomorrow, partly to check it's not ectopic and is in the right place.

I'm really scared. I've tried so hard no to get attached, my symptoms haven't been that bad and come and go. Today I don't feel pregnant at all. I've had no bleeding or anything to cause me concern apart from the on and off symptoms. Having looked at the boards and google I'm fully aware that just as there hasn't been any bleeding still doesn't mean everything will be alright.

Any words of advice? Has anyone been there?

Hi there. I know how you feel. We went trhough ivf & I had 7 wk scan on Monday, i had convinced myself that I was going to have a MC. I lost the little bit of firmness in my lower stomach. Man was I wrong. Turns out we are having twins......it was very much a surprise considering we only put 1 back in. I am still in shock.

I am sure you will be fine. I think we always obsess over the symptoms, especially when you go through IVF.

I cried before during and after my first scan and it was all good news.

I had spotting at 4 weeks so thought something would be wrong.

Good luck for your scan.

xxx

I agree with cs2001a going thru IVF makes u worry I think more than usual. I worry over everything and for a while I also convinced myself that I would MC but so far so good Thank god I'm now 8+4 and have had 2 early scans and my Doctor says everything is great!! I cried so much when I got my BFP and During my second scan when we saw the heartbeat. Iv realized that worrying and over analyzing every last symptom is going to take away from enjoying the blessing of being pregnant. Ur not alone in ur fears but have faith that it will b fine....��

I ended up having 3 early scans and I was a mess before each one. I have another one tomorrow. I'm almost 13 weeks but I'm still really nervous. I think when you go through fertility issues you just become used to there always being problems. It's hard to have faith that everything will be fine.

8 weeks is a good time to have a scan. You should see a heartbeat and maybe even see the little bean wiggling around. Good luck! I'm sure it will be great.

We also got our BFP in October after our first round of IVF ICSI
It really is worrying, our first scan is tomorrow. Were so nervous and excited.

Good Luck for your first scan, Im sure everything will be as it should be

We too had ivf and got a bfp in October. I'm 5w4 days today and have my first scan on Tuesday. I'm absolutely terrified! I have no real symptoms either xx

try and relax am sure all Will be fine! . . relax as if lol
was my third ivf also, so know how you feel.
good luck! x x

I haven't had IVF but have suffered from recurring miscarriages. Honestly, my doctor told me missed miscarriages (where you have no bleeding and no sign you are miscarrying) are extremely rare. I know that may not seem the case online but you have to remember, people come here for support when something's wrong, as opposed to right most of the time, so it all seems amplified. The minority have MMC.

I know it's hard not to worry, I too worry but my advice is try and enjoy the scan. I barely saw the screen during my first scan at 7weeks because I was crying so much.

Sending you lots and lots of sticky baby dust :dust:xx

Just tri-hopping to wish you luck with your scan. This is an ivf pregnancy for me too and I was petrified before my first scan as well (and have been at each one since actually!).

Hope everything goes ok for you today :hugs:xx

Thanks for the responses. Baby had a good hb and measures three days aheD. Needless to say this is my new worry, lol. Xx

Great news, glad it went well for you x

Glad your scan went well! Mine is also an ivf baby and has measured large at both early scans. It freaks me out but the way I think of it is, most people don't know the exact date of conception as we do so, if their baby is measuring ahead of the dates (or a bit behind), it gets put down to the estimated conception date being wrong rather than it being a problem. Does this make sense or am I blabbering??

It does make sense. Xx

So happy to hear it went well today!! Don't worry about it measuring ahead, that's a good thing. You only need to worry if measuring over a week behind. There's a lot of variation. One of my twins was measuring close to a week behind early on, that's why I ended up having so many scans. So nerve-racking!

So pleased to hear everything's ok. CONGRATULATIONS! xx

Glad everything went well at your scan :) I had my 7+1 scan yesterday and hearing that heartbeat was such a relief!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->