Early scan at 5wks+6

peacebaby

Finally a mama
Reaction score
hi all

I'd love to hear your experiences with scans at the about the 5wk mark. What would one expect to see?

Had one on Thurs to rule out ectopic, the scan showed both a gestational sac and a yolk sac but the sonographer said that it should already be an embryo with a fetal pole. She was quite negative and seemed to think the pregnancy wouldn't hold. This has caused so much stress and I am so worried now. A few days prior to this scan I felt that my progesterone may have dropped, only started progesterone supplements today so I'm hoping it will still be ok and the few days of low progesterone won't have caused harm to the beanie.

Have a follow up scan in 2 weeks and I just can't seem to relax.

Has anyone been through similiar and what was the outcome?

thanks ladies

Personally, I think before 6-7 weeks scans vary in what is seen. Try not to worry too much....I'm glad they scheduled you for another scan :). I had a scan at 6+3 and could barely make out a little heartbeat. Thinking of you and your family and wishing you the very best!

I had a Vag. ultrasound with my last pregnancy and there was not fetal pole yet or a sac. I had a yolk sac and when I came back a week later there was a embyro and fetal pole.. I would just wait a week. The development is incredible...

thanks mtnprotracy and garnet for your support :flower:

I also felt that it was too early, especially since I ovulated a bit later and seem to have had late implantation so my LMP dates are probably slightly off at this stage. The wait until the next scan is stressful but I'm trying to stay positive.

will have to keep myself distracted until then...

:hugs:

Hiya, i had a scan on friday at 5 weeks, 5 days. There was a sac and a yolk. No fetal pole or heartbeat. This is normal. Some people will be lucky and maybe see a heartbeat at 5+ weeks ,but i wouldnt be worried if i didnt see one xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->