• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

early scan dates brought forward? please help

babyoneill

mother to Amber and Lexie and Jack
Reaction score
ok so I had a scan at 7 week which put me at 7 and 5 days would you go off the lmp or that or does it not really go off days that early I'm due my scan next Wednesday which would essentially put me at 14 weeks but lmp would be 13 and 5 days xx

I would say go by lmp as the baby growth really does vary before 9wks that why they wont officially give an estimated due date until 11-12wks +.. The 12wk screen/scan will look at the lmp i think..

I don't necessarily have the right or the only answer, but, I know I had a scan at 7+6 and 12+2.

At 7+6, I was 7+6, and at 12+2, they said I was 12+4.
Well, the hospital always went with my 7+6 because they said early on is the most accurate. The more you baby develop, the more you advance, the more there is variation in growth spur. So she said the earliest is the best, so they kept me at my 7+6 from that first echo!

To me LMP varies too much. If we both have a 28 days cycle but you ovulate day 10 and I ovulate day 16, and then you implant after 6 days and I take 9 days... our babies can't quite be the same days, when I'm nearly 10 days behind! But again, not a doctor, ahah. Personal opinion only!

The difference between your dates is like mine, 2 days. So usually what I do, is go with the middle (so if I'm supposed to be 14 weeks today according to first scan, and it was Tuesday according to 12 weeks scan, well, I say Wednesday is 14 weeks, haha) At this point a couple of days isn't a drastic difference in dates.

good luck with the pregnancy :hugs:

I don't necessarily have the right or the only answer, but, I know I had a scan at 7+6 and 12+2.

At 7+6, I was 7+6, and at 12+2, they said I was 12+4.
Well, the hospital always went with my 7+6 because they said early on is the most accurate. The more you baby develop, the more you advance, the more there is variation in growth spur. So she said the earliest is the best, so they kept me at my 7+6 from that first echo!

To me LMP varies too much. If we both have a 28 days cycle but you ovulate day 10 and I ovulate day 16, and then you implant after 6 days and I take 9 days... our babies can't quite be the same days, when I'm nearly 10 days behind! But again, not a doctor, ahah. Personal opinion only!

The difference between your dates is like mine, 2 days. So usually what I do, is go with the middle (so if I'm supposed to be 14 weeks today according to first scan, and it was Tuesday according to 12 weeks scan, well, I say Wednesday is 14 weeks, haha) At this point a couple of days isn't a drastic difference in dates.

good luck with the pregnafncy :hugs:
this makes sense to me ad I know when I ovulate and I always ovulate early 12day and I think I implanted on day 9dpo so it's possible I am a few days in front I will update you guys on Wednesday the outcome thanks xx

well after my scan they brought me forward another day again so at least I know what my actual due date is now... anyone else been nearly a week over.... x

going by my lmp Id be almost 20 weeks but going by my last scan I am only 18w2d.. I go by the scan.

They won't change your dates. They don't quibble over a few days. Babies grow at different rates after 12 weeks.

but they have changed my dates they have given me 19th this has been my first official due date the whole pregnancy by docs tho if it was to go off lmp It would be 25th

I had a scan at what a 7w 1d (from lmp) and they said I was 6w2d. I knrw this was impossible as we only dtd twice that month.
Went for my dating scan at 13w1d and they said I was 13w5d and have given me a new due date of 27th February. I've always gone by the dating scan due date ❤

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->