early scan now totally confused!

kimberley3

1 angel bean <3
Reaction score
Yeah today i had a early scan I'm really confused, kinda wish I didn't of gone now! Obviously I'm so happy we saw hb fetal pole and yolk but that was after a faff around with the Internal I'm so confused as first a training Dr did it and the other lady was there things were like being ran through as she wasn't like fully sure what she was doing, on tummy they saw just sac and yolk.

Internal I have a tilted cervix so had to have hands under my bum but still they seem to be messing the Dr was like I think I can see a flicker than the sonographer was like no its not enough then they faffed with other bits and bobs.

This Dr measured just under 3mm and the other woman was like that's just under five weeks. Then the other lady took over had a look didn't measure things took the other woman's words then she looked at sac and there was a fuzzy fetal pole flickering of heartbeat and everything looks good. But they have Dated me 4.6....

I'm so confused and I'm by my dates should be 7weeks today I got a positive on a digital 1-2 weeks 26th August my first day of my period was 25th july, and had a 3plus on a digital six days ago so I'm so confused now....

Won't rescan me as hb been seen unless bleeding etc pain but I'm just so thrown out now. Is it even possible to have a heartbeat at 4.6??? It also shown that my uterus is fuzzy which is the gyna issues im having which was seen in June but they said that won't effect this baby.

I have a tilted u too and had a scan today. Did transvaginal. The tech definitely needed to faff around a bit up there in order to see everything properly, and she never did catch my ovary that well.

I measured behind a few days but everything was clearly seen, so guessing it's accurate. (I've read measuring behind a little bit isn't a big deal or anything) Maybe yours wasn't as it seems they had trouble seeing? Is it possible you conceived later than you thought?

Did you get the heart rate?

I have a tilted u too and had a scan today. Did transvaginal. The tech definitely needed to faff around a bit up there in order to see everything properly, and she never did catch my ovary that well.

I measured behind a few days but everything was clearly seen, so guessing it's accurate. (I've read measuring behind a little bit isn't a big deal or anything) Maybe yours wasn't as it seems they had trouble seeing? Is it possible you conceived later than you thought?

Did you get the heart rate?

I had a training dr do it, then a tech take over at the end. I'm measuring more than two weeks behind, which doesn't make sense as i had a positive test on a digital 17days ago, had my 3plus six days ago. yet there dating me less than five weeks with a heart beat i didn't think the heart beat started till 6weeks. they didn't measure heart rate we just saw it flickering.

Glad yours went well x

Kimberley, its great that you seen a flicker of a heartbeat. Do you have regular 28 day cycles? Did you get to empty your bladder before they switched to transvaginal scan? I've read that as a rough guide that crown rump length (CRL) is 1mm=(1 day + 6 weeks gestation) so 3mm CRL would roughly equate to 6weeks 3 days pregnant and these measurements are +/- a week when used for dating in early pregnancy and only as accurate as sonographer doing the scan. It sounds like you didn't receive very confident or competent care and I think I would lodge a complaint and demand a repeat scan. It's great that future Drs get hands on experience but I really hope they sought your permission for the junior Dr. to perform the scan and the sonographer overseeing should have repeated all measurements esp. as the junior Dr. did not sound confident in his/her findings and juniors learning needs should never ever supersede your needs. I hope this helps to reassure you x

I'd say they were dating you from conception rather than LMP, which makes sense with your dates. There's no way you would see a fetal pole and hb at 4 weeks and 6 days pregnant. Everything sounds like it's going great! Xxxxx

Kimberley, its great that you seen a flicker of a heartbeat. Do you have regular 28 day cycles? Did you get to empty your bladder before they switched to transvaginal scan? I've read that as a rough guide that crown rump length (CRL) is 1mm=(1 day + 6 weeks gestation) so 3mm CRL would roughly equate to 6weeks 3 days pregnant and these measurements are +/- a week when used for dating in early pregnancy and only as accurate as sonographer doing the scan. It sounds like you didn't receive very confident or competent care and I think I would lodge a complaint and demand a repeat scan. It's great that future Drs get hands on experience but I really hope they sought your permission for the junior Dr. to perform the scan and the sonographer overseeing should have repeated all measurements esp. as the junior Dr. did not sound confident in his/her findings and juniors learning needs should never ever supersede your needs. I hope this helps to reassure you x

Thank you for replying, im overjoyed we seen baby's heart beat, but unfortunately i cant shake this under five weeks dating, as surely we would not of seen baby's heartbeat this early and it doesn't match with my positive test and other things. when I came into the room the dr who was in green scrubs introduced themselves and said im learning how to do scans but if i need to the sonographer will take over. I didnt get asked, I just felt really confused with the outcome, I would of been happy with a few days out which is totally expected but two weeks out seems maddness. i asked about what i do now etc and they just said to book appointment with mw and have my normal 12 week scan when its time. I would love to call up epu tom and ask for another scan but I dont think they will give me one to be honest as they discharged me as a heartbeat was seen. they did say i can come back if i have pain bleeding etc but im hoping i dont. i just really dont no what to do, i feel with my tilted cervix and hard to see uterus i should of had someone who was experienced in these things. x also i did empty my bladder but while she was doing it she said oh her bladder is starting to fill up and i felt it too and straight after the scan i needed to wee as i was so full,

I'd say they were dating you from conception rather than LMP, which makes sense with your dates. There's no way you would see a fetal pole and hb at 4 weeks and 6 days pregnant. Everything sounds like it's going great! Xxxxx

see this is what i was thinking, that i would not see a hb at 4weeks6, but thats what there saying! ive said over and over again it doesn't make sense and there convinced that this is what i am, they said fetal pole is under 3mm, which is less than five weeks. I'm totally stressing out as I feel like im in that danger zone again when ive just spent two weeks in there and its making me freak out.
x

they even wrote less 5/40 on how many weeks!

Id also call, complain and demand another scan. Does sound like they're dating you from conception which would make you 6.6. How frustrating for you!

I would ring and demand another scan...dont ask...demand . Their dates are way off (not your baby)..fetal pole would not be visualised at less than 5 weeks let alone heart beat. They are way off and you and your bubs dont need this anxiety...my first epu scan with dd1 she measured 4mm at 6+4 (tilted uterus also and I have short cycles) and seen a hb. She is a happy healthy 5.5yr old now...

No way 3mm fetal pole is possible under 5 weeks. Sounds so confusing for you! There isn't even a feral pole under 5 weeks anyway, it's all still a ball shape with an area that will turn into a fetal pole later on. 3mm puts you more at just on 6 weeks I would say.

Yeah today i had a early scan I'm really confused, kinda wish I didn't of gone now! Obviously I'm so happy we saw hb fetal pole and yolk but that was after a faff around with the Internal I'm so confused as first a training Dr did it and the other lady was there things were like being ran through as she wasn't like fully sure what she was doing, on tummy they saw just sac and yolk.

Internal I have a tilted cervix so had to have hands under my bum but still they seem to be messing the Dr was like I think I can see a flicker than the sonographer was like no its not enough then they faffed with other bits and bobs.

This Dr measured just under 3mm and the other woman was like that's just under five weeks. Then the other lady took over had a look didn't measure things took the other woman's words then she looked at sac and there was a fuzzy fetal pole flickering of heartbeat and everything looks good. But they have Dated me 4.6....

I'm so confused and I'm by my dates should be 7weeks today I got a positive on a digital 1-2 weeks 26th August my first day of my period was 25th july, and had a 3plus on a digital six days ago so I'm so confused now....

Won't rescan me as hb been seen unless bleeding etc pain but I'm just so thrown out now. Is it even possible to have a heartbeat at 4.6??? It also shown that my uterus is fuzzy which is the gyna issues im having which was seen in June but they said that won't effect this baby.

Hi Kimberley, I had an early scan at 6 weeks and they measured me at 5 weeks. They saw a fetal pole and what they said may be a flickering hb but they wouldnt say for definite. I had to wait an agonising 2 weeks to see if there was a heartbeat and in the two weeks when they remeasured baby had has a heartbeat and was measuring 8+1!!! They wouldn't be able to see a heartbeat at 4+6 as the heart doesn't start beating until past 5 weeks so i think your technician is incorrect there. They measured me totally wrong and it did nothing but panic me. My bet is you are indeed later than what theyre dating you and at your next scan it will be bang on track. Oh and at 6 weeks (i may have been 5+6) my baba measured 2.4mm and they said 5 weeks so im sure you have been really misinformed there. :growlmad: Im guessing you were at least 6+ weeks on this scan xx

I had a scan at 6+4 and all we saw was sac and yolk. Scan two weeks later saw bean and hb measuring 7+4 so a week behind. 12 week scan showed baby measuring original dates! I also have a tilted uterus xx

Hi Kimberly, I had a scan at 7w6d & was dated 2 weeks behind too & I was 100% sure of my dates. They dated me at 5w, I was terrified it meant a miscarriage was imminent but the scan 2 weeks later was fine. I'm guessing they were measuring from conception rather than LMP even though all the other sonogrophers go from LMP.
I'd ask for a scan in 2 weeks & explain you've been dated 2 weeks behind & that you know your dates etc.
Good luck!!

hi everyone ive got sorted another scan, and baby is all okay!!! Good heartbeat heard it a little bit, 6.1 today so the hospital were a week out! So made me worry for nothing the sac looks well implanted good little water yolk sac everything looks perfect!!! So happy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->