Early scan today and very nervous... anybody else? *UPDATE*

kit603

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I've got an early scan tomorrow at 11.20am (UK Time) because I've previously had recurrent early miscarriages and I've already had some spotting this pregnancy with cramps as well - it started off light and brown (mainly when I wiped) and did get slightly heavier and more pink/red (spotting onto sanitary towel) but that didn't last very long and it went back to more brown coloured spotting after and got gradually lighter again. It was on/off so I'd spot for a bit, nothing for a day or so, and then I'd start again. I've not had any spotting for a couple of days now and I'm still getting dark lines on ICs. It's different to my previous MCs where I bled heavy and red and HPTs got lighter but I still can't help but worry :blush:

I'm also further along than I've been in previous pregnancies - tomorrow I should be somewhere between 7+1 (based on LMP) or 6+2 (based on Ovulation) since my cycles are irregular and slightly longer than average and previously I've always miscarried before or at 6 weeks (based on LMP).

I'm trying to remain positive, but it's really hard... I've been counting down to this scan for a couple of weeks but now that it's nearly here I'm terrified and full of anxiety - last night I had loads of bad dreams about the scan and I'm just dreading a repeat of previous early scans where I've only ever had bad news :nope: DH is trying to be supportive, but he's a much less negative person than me and takes everything as it comes - he doesn't worry until he's had the results kind of thing so he can't understand why I'm already worried :shrug:

Does anybody else have an early scan tomorrow? :hugs:

I have had 5 previous losses early as well and one little girl.

That pregnancy I had spotting like you described and all was fine. I also have the same now.

Be prepared not to see much hun especially if your dates are a little off.

Xxxx

Thanks hun, I was hoping I'd be a few more days along to improve my chances of seeing the HB but the next available appointment after this one was at the end of October but I've already got a dating scan on 12th November and I really didn't want to be in limbo for so long :(

Only a couple of hours to go now.... didn't sleep well at all last night :(

Good luck hun let us know how u get on x

Good luck hun, I had an early scan too due to previous early miscarriages all between 5 and 6 weeks. I know how scary it is when all scans done previously were to confirm a miscarriage.... Just breathe, worry and stress is not good for u and will not change the outcome. Be sure to let us no how u get on xxx

Thank you for the well wishes :)

I've had my scan and everything is looking ok at the moment :cloud9:

Measuring approx. 6+2, which is a bit behind based on LMP but spot on based on ovulation and we saw a heartbeat :cloud9::cloud9: I don't know what the heartbeat rate was (I don't think they measured it) but I'm feeling much more reassured right now.

I've attached a pic but there's not much to see yet :haha:

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 30
Yay I've got my scan tomorrow at 7+1 I'm so scared x

Congrats on a good scan :)

Robyn good luck on yours tomorrow :)

Thanks everyone :) Best of luck for your scan tomorrow Robyn x

Thank you ladies I'm so nervous :( constant butterflies x

I have one today too to see HB(s). If we don't see any, it's probably a miscarriage. So incredibly incredibly nervous right now. Glad my husband is able to make this appointment with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->