Early scan tomorrow - Brown bleeding .....

Sunshine14

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I'm feeling a bit sick with dread. Am 7+2 tomorrow and have an early scan booked and had spotting past two weekends and now (sorry tmi) it's brown very very light discharge. I feel like a fool for even bothering to go to the scan as I know it's probably inevitable that's it's another early mc.
Sorry just had to get it out ........

Bless you. I am 7 + 2 today myself and just had a scan due to brown bleeding which was intermittent with slight cramps. Had some pink blood Thursday too.
The scan revealed a healthy heartbeat, sac, fetal pole etc and no obvious reason for the bleeding which had stopped. by the scan. They dated me a week and 2 days earlier than my last menstrual period date but I have long cycles so ovulated later.
I guess what I'm trying to say us bleeding doesn't always mean miscarriage. I bled with my first son and he is now a healthy nearly 3 year old.
Good luck for tomorrow x X

I had about 4 weeks of spotting. It has finally stopped now and everything is looking fine. I had an early ultrasound and tgey found a heart beat then extra blood tests. It may be a mc but it also may not be. Best of luck.

Yes I had this right up to 16 weeks when prwggo with my son and all was well. Try not to panic. Hope your scan hoes well xxx

I am 10+2 and have had regular spotting and some red bleeding each week since 5 weeks- my baby is fine, I've had a private early scan and one at the hospital- the blood isn't from around baby and just one of those things
As long as it isn't getting worse I wouldn't worry
I've also had consistent cramping- my dr said its fine and normal for some women x

I'm 4+6 and had bright red blood last night, then nothing since :-/ I had bloods taken this morning and am still waiting for my HCG levels.

I wish pregnancy wasn't so complicated!

How did your scan go? X

Ahh thanks so much for your kind messages ladies xxx I was very nervous this morning and absolutely convinced they would say baby was ectopic or stopped growing at 6 weeks. I saw a lovely consultant (with same birthday as mine!) and he said "no ectopic, intrauterine pregnancy in the right place and there's a heartbeat"!!!!!!!! I was so shocked I asked him about three times was that right? I just couldn't take it in. Bless him he showed me the screen, played the heartbeat for me and gave me a picture and they both said congratulations ahh it was amazing. I couldn't stop smiling and burst into tears as soon as I got out. I still can't believe it. The baby measures 11mm which is 7+ 4 I think and I asked him about the chance of miscarriage now and he said with everything he had seen it's 1%. He wasn't too bothered by the Brown discharge but I hope it stops soon as it's very unnerving.
Thanks again ladies for your support xxxx

That's great news. Why don't you pop on over to the march monkeys group for babies due In march. Xxx

YAY!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I know you have a big relief now after your scan and reading your post gives me tons of hope! I am currently 6w+6 and have the brown spotting with no cramping. My first appointment is next Friday so hope I have great results just like you! Best wishes and healthy and happy 9months:happydance::thumbup::flower:

Ahh thanks so much for your kind messages ladies xxx I was very nervous this morning and absolutely convinced they would say baby was ectopic or stopped growing at 6 weeks. I saw a lovely consultant (with same birthday as mine!) and he said "no ectopic, intrauterine pregnancy in the right place and there's a heartbeat"!!!!!!!! I was so shocked I asked him about three times was that right? I just couldn't take it in. Bless him he showed me the screen, played the heartbeat for me and gave me a picture and they both said congratulations ahh it was amazing. I couldn't stop smiling and burst into tears as soon as I got out. I still can't believe it. The baby measures 11mm which is 7+ 4 I think and I asked him about the chance of miscarriage now and he said with everything he had seen it's 1%. He wasn't too bothered by the Brown discharge but I hope it stops soon as it's very unnerving.
Thanks again ladies for your support xxxx

Thanks dawnlouise what is that group hun? Where is it?

I have to say your post last night really struck a chord - it gave me a tiny bit of hope but I dismissed it cos of my age!! I was soo stunned today ... still can't get over it! Thanks again xx

Thanks loved I was so convinced it was bad news today. I was just in shock I think. Good luck for your scan hun fingers crossed for you hun xxx let us know how you get on xx

Congratulations!!! Sorry I didn't see your original post, but I've never had brown bleeding in pregnancy, only pink spotting throughout my first trimesters. I am so glad you were able to see your perfect baby and had such a great experience with your scan!!!!

I'm so glad my post last night gave you some hope and im super glad all went well today. Pregnancy is such an uncertain time but apparantly spotting and even bleeding is more common than you would think.
Has it all settled down now? As soon as I saw the heartbeat I relaxed a lot..... its just a long wait till the 12 week scan now.
I can't find a way to link you to the march group (I'm on my phone) I will look tomorrow on the computer for you. Xxxx

Thanks dawnlouise what is that group hun? Where is it?

I have to say your post last night really struck a chord - it gave me a tiny bit of hope but I dismissed it cos of my age!! I was soo stunned today ... still can't get over it! Thanks again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->