Early scan went great

Khadijah-x

Reaction score
Hi all!!

We just had a babybond early scan for reassurance. Amazing! I went at 7 weeks but I did think I would get taken back a few days as I don't have an average 28 day cycle, more like 32 plus.

She dated me at 6 weeks and 1 day. Saw a yolk sac, fetal pole (took a few seconds to find it.. terrifying!!) And a beautiful heartbeat! Everything is in the right place, super relieved!

Baby is 4.3mm, I counted the heartbeat at the very least 120 (anything over 110 at this stage is great).

EDD 2nd October... no doubt that will change at the dating scan roll on March! :hugs:

It was a beautiful experience. No problems with ovaries and everything looked healthy!

Attachments

• Collage 2015-02-07 13_46_34.jpg
    Collage 2015-02-07 13_46_34.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 41
♡

Attachments

• 2015-02-07 13.54.44.jpg
    2015-02-07 13.54.44.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 10
Aw great! I'm going on the 16th, will, be around 7 weeks too.
Can I ask do you have any symptoms? At 6 weeks? I feel fine apart from a little bloat, tiredness and tender boobs x

Aw great! I'm going on the 16th, will, be around 7 weeks too.
Can I ask do you have any symptoms? At 6 weeks? I feel fine apart from a little bloat, tiredness and tender boobs x

Congrats! It will be amazing ♡

I'm sick as a dog... blah! It's only recently started the last few days. At first it was just in the evenings and now it seems to be all day. Tender boobs, tiredness like I've never known, bloated, food aversions, moodiness!! Needing to pee more. It's so early for us and alot of women don't get many symptoms just yet. I actually wanted sickness and now I have it.. I take it all back!!

He he yeah I bet! I'm 6weeks tomorrow and I'm starting to worry I just feel too well!!

He he yeah I bet! I'm 6weeks tomorrow and I'm starting to worry I just feel too well!!

When you feel rough, can't eat, heaving in car parks, can't talk without needing to throw up, you'll wish you felt as well as you do now :dohh:

Not everyone will feel nausea in pregnancy, every woman is different. :)

When you feel rough, can't eat, heaving in car parks, can't talk without needing to throw up, you'll wish you felt as well as you do now :dohh:

Not everyone will feel nausea in pregnancy, every woman is different. :)

congrats khadijah. And your right every woman doesn't get sick! I'm peaches and cream for the most part

Congratulations, they are so reassuring! Fab to hear yours went so well :flower:

I'm booked in for 8th March at Babybond. Earliest available appt in my area, so gutted, wanted to go the week before, 4 weeks seems ageeeeees away lol xx

Glad to hear everything is going good for your early scan! It should be able to ease your mind now to see your baby! :) :hugs: :hug:

Thank you. Yes it did! Although at the 7-9 week mark ill be back on edge. Roll on dating scan! :D

Congratulations. We have booked in for a ten week scan in a months time, seems like forever.

Congratulations. We have booked in for a ten week scan in a months time, seems like forever.

Thank you! My dating scan is at 10 weeks so atleast I don't have to wait the extra 2 weeks! Are you in the UK?

Thank you! My dating scan is at 10 weeks so atleast I don't have to wait the extra 2 weeks! Are you in the UK?

Yes, in London. We have booked in for the Harmony test privately which includes a 10-week ultrasound. Can't really justify spending more money than that really (£400) so will just have to wait.

Yes, in London. We have booked in for the Harmony test privately which includes a 10-week ultrasound. Can't really justify spending more money than that really (£400) so will just have to wait.

I see! I don't know what that is... but sounds interesting! :D £400... wowza! 10 weeks is a good time for a scan. At the safe mark yet 2 weeks less wait :happydance:

Harmony is a genetic test for Down´s and other chromosomal abnormalities, similar to the amniocentesis in reliability but is non-invasive as only requires a blood sample from the mum. I´m 38 and DH is 46 so we thought it was better to check.

Yes, 10 weeks you can be more confident that all will be OK. We had a scan at 8 weeks with my first daughter and I had a threatened miscarriage at 9 weeks so personally I´d rather wait. She was perfectly fine though in the end.

Harmony is a genetic test for Down´s and other chromosomal abnormalities, similar to the amniocentesis in reliability but is non-invasive as only requires a blood sample from the mum. I´m 38 and DH is 46 so we thought it was better to check.

Yes, 10 weeks you can be more confident that all will be OK. We had a scan at 8 weeks with my first daughter and I had a threatened miscarriage at 9 weeks so personally I´d rather wait. She was perfectly fine though in the end.

Ahh that's interesting and as it's non invasive why not! All your results will be fine God willing but it's peace of mind isn't it.

I had 2 losses in the 9th week gestation so any scan before then won't really settle my mind either. I had one in this pregnancy to check everything was in the right place :dohh: but a scan at 8 weeks wouldn't settle me as I could still lose a few days later. Definitely can't wait till 10 weeks!! Only 3 weeks and 2 days to go :happydance:

Yes exactly, so after 10 weeks we will both be happier x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->