Early scan worries....

Shell79

Reaction score
Hi this is all new to me and a bit long winded but here goes....finally got my bfp in February but have had quiet a bit of bleeding so was referred to epu. They did a scan at what I know is 8w 4d (know this as know when I ovulated and when we dtd!!) anyways, midwife said I'm measuring 6w 4d AND there were 2 sacs! She did see a heartbeat in one but not the other? Has anyone had this happen before and what was the outcome? I have to go back in a week for a second scan.

Hi Shell, I went for a scan at what I knew from FF was seven and a half weeks to see a baby with a heartbeat measuring two weeks too small. It didn't end well for me sadly but while it was going on my research turned up loads of stories where people went back for a rescan and found their baby had caught up and was thriving. Good luck :hugs:

Try and hold out for the next scan. You are not out of the game yet and who knows! Maybe you will go back and see two beating hearts! :hugs:

I just went yesterday for my 9 week scan, according to doc, I look about 7 weeks. He "thinks he may have seen a heart beat", "could be to early" "this machine isn't worth anything"....so he sent me to get hcg levels checks. Nurse called and said the number was good (I can't remember the exact number because I was too anxious to hear if they was bad or good) Now I just wait and get it checked Tmrw and hopefully my level is rising.
My friend had a scan at 7 weeks and they didn't see her heartbeat. I read a lot of posts where woman experienced this and still had a great outcome. That's why a lot of doctors don't schedule a scan before 9 weeks. Fx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->