Early scan

Weebles

Reaction score
I had some spotting again yesterday and this time my betas weren't drawn, they had me come in for an early scan instead. I should've been exactly 6 weeks based off of my LMP. All that was found was a sac that measured 5 weeks and 1 day and some fibroids. Nothing was visible in the sac so I didn't get a picture. I've got a week and a half long wait until my next appointment. They didn't seem at all concerned but I can't help but be worried.

The same thing happened to my sister a few weeks ago. She went back a week or so later and all was fine. Fingers crossed for you

Fingers crossed. Horrible wait I know :( cmon baby, stick

Mine was at 6 weeks and they found a Sac with no fetal pole or yolk sac. Just empty. I went back two weeks later and there was a heartbeat and a beautiful little baby!

Thank you. I'm hoping that's what will happen for me too.

I had an eary scan at 5w6d. I'd had some cramping and slight brown spotting, so they were checking for an ectopic pregnancy. I know that I was exactly 5w6d because I was tracking and knew the day I conceived (since there was no other day possible). All the tech saw was a perfectly round gestational sac. No yolk, fetal pole, or heartbeat. I was SO worried because it seemed like so many other women on here (and elsewhere on the internet) saw EVERYTHING by that point... But at my 12-week scan everything was fine. Now I'm almost 37 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby girl.

Fingers cross for you! I really think everything will be fine, though. :hugs:

Congrats on your baby girl. :) I love hearing all the positive outcomes. It's a nice counter balance to the google results.

I've been tracking my cycles for months so I know based on my LMP I was exactly 6 weeks. I'm still concerned the ultrasound dated me at 5 weeks 1 day. It could be a few days off because I know for a fact I didn't ovulate in CD14. It was either on CD 16 or 17 so that could account for it being a few days off. I'm not sure what day they assume for implantation when dating so I'm hoping It just implanted late and that makes up for the other few days. Ugh, the 16 can't come soon enough. Dr isn't worried so I shouldn't be but that's not how it is.

Did you have a internal or abdominal scan?. I had a scan recently for my twins and on the abdominal she could only see both the sacs but then when she went and did the internal we saw two little heartbeats at just under 6 weeks. Xx

Also LMP dates are very hit and miss because not only have you got to take possible late ovulation into account but also late implantation. Fingers crossed for you. Xxx

I had both. She was hoping she could see something abdominal lay, when she couldn't she did the internal one.. Still just a sac so I'm really hoping I have a late implanter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->