Early scan

Robyn_

Reaction score
Hey, I'm 4 weeks 1 day pregnant with baby #5 (crazy i know) anywho I've suffered a lot of recurrent miscarriages and am wanting to book a scan for when I'm 6 weeks just to ease my mind but is it worth it? I had a scan at 7 weeks with my last and I could see him pretty well I just don't know if I will even see anything at 6 weeks??
Anyone had a scan at 6 weeks? X

At 6w1d we saw the fetal pole measuring correctly with a heartbeat. Think grain of rice with a flashing pixel.

I’ve always been able to see a heartbeat by that stage - however that applies to both my healthy pregnancy and when I’ve lost the baby. Initially it can give reassurance, but I found a few days later I was just as anxious. I was scanned at 6, 8, 10, 14 and 16 weeks with dd. It wasn’t until the 16w scan when I verified that the “movements” I could feel did correspond to her moving that I really relaxed. I had quite a few more scans after that and I was still really nervous throughout. I guess it depends why you want a scan. For me, I’ll always need a scan at 6w due to having an ectopic pregnancy before.

I saw a heartbeat at 6+3 with my middle son :) I agree though, I find it’s more reassuring the later you are. I was still nervous with him until I started picking up his HB on the Doppler a couple weeks later

I saw a heartbeat at 6+0 weeks with my son. Good luck! :)

I’m pregnant with baby 5 too!!

I would wait until as close to 8-10 weeks as you can, it’s so much more reassuring when they’re bigger and I have lost count of how many times I have heard of and known women who had a super early scan only to leave more worried because they couldn’t detect a heartbeat or baby measured over a week behind or something like that. And then baby “caught up” by 10-12 weeks. So as scary as these early days are, I think the best thing is to just assume all is well and go in with any heavy bleeding or cramping, but otherwise wait it out until baby is a bit bigger.

Congratulations!

Oh and if you can, you can get Hcg draws and see how your levels are doing.

I saw a little flickering jelly bean at 6+4 xx

Dnt want to worry u but At 6 weeks I only seen a sack with my son and spent another two weeks really ill from worry as we waited for another scan. I did then see him and his little heart beat. I said if we’re to have another I wudnt get an early scan until 7-8 weeks and we wud only do this if covid was still stopping dads coming to scans (Uk).

the lady that scan me the second time said when I told her o had been so ill and feeling so sick with worry said she knew from then he was going to be there as I was describing morning sickness (me thinking I jst felt ill with worry).

I can’t remember exactly how many weeks but it was around 5/6 weeks doesn’t look like much but we saw a flickering heart beat - this “little one” is now 10!

800F25A0-A441-4DFF-84D2-7BE98B0E466D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->