Early scan

happycupcake

‘Mrs Hudson took my skull.’
Reaction score
This is my sixth baby and with all the others I had an early scan for one reason or another. Obviously this time there’s covid to worry about as well and since we both don’t drive we would have to take a ten minute train journey, so not very long at all but I’m worried it’s an unnecessary risk. I have just over four weeks until the 12 weeks scan but I’m really worried about waiting for that only to be told there’s something wrong. I’m so used to knowing by now that all is ok so this is just really weird for me. What would you do?

It's up to you hon but if it was me I wud book a privet scan just for reassurance.

I only had the hospital scan at 6+1 because of a bleed and I have another scan on Friday morning I'm so nervous.

If I didn't have the hospital scans I wud of booked a privet scan for 7 and 9 weeks.
I do suffer with alot of anxiety, I have bipolar type 2 so there's just no way I can wait until the dating scan.
I have in the past but its such a long wait.

If u feel OK about waiting then wait hon but if u have any anxieties then u cud just book one to put ure mind at rest.

It's so hard with Covid I wear a mask to the hospital and make sure not to touch anything and not to go near anyone.

After my scan on Friday providing all goes well I will be booking a privet scan for 10+1 weeks then that way I only have another 2 to 3 weeks until dating scan.

It's entirely up to u hon in all honesty.

Have u decided anything since u posted this?

I’ve had 4 so far and not had my dating scan yet (got that on Wednesday a day off 13 weeks) I think I’d be in bits if it’s have waited until then with nothing. I planned on two private ones at 6 and 9 weeks - ended up with private ones at 5 weeks (due to bleeding) and 8 weeks due to sickness too.

If I was you it’s definitely worth booking a private one from reassurance 100% worth it IMO

Thank you <3

@Suggerhoney I haven’t decided anything since posting. I also suffer with anxiety and OCD (also diagnosed with PTSD and autism), so I find it very difficult to sit and wait but at the same time the thought of all the possible risks is hugely triggering so I’m not sure which outweighs the other.

I think if we could use our own car (which is sat parked by the house, very frustrating he can’t take his test till May now!) I would be much happier. But I also worry about the clinic too as last we went I was pregnant with Bluebell, we had her 4D scan rebooked in February last year which was when we started getting covid here more (or when we were hearing about it at least) and when we arrived the sonographer was really unwell and was coughing in the room and sneezing. It was after this I lost my sense of smell I think, so I’m a bit uneasy about going there with covid about as she clearly hasn’t any worries about being ill at work and potentially giving whatever to whoever. Put me right off!

Oh no that's terrible hon. She should not of gone into work like that esp dealing with ladies that are pregnant I mean WTF.

I'm so lucky because we live right next to the hospital. We can see from our house its like walking distance.
But my DH drives to.

The privet scanning place is about a 15 min car journey but I'm not planning to book one of them until I'm 10+1 weeks.

Anxiety is horrible hon I'm so sorry u suffer to. I also have OCD.

Have u got a midwife appointment hon?
We have our booking appointment at 8 weeks or near that I have mine Wednesday.
Maybe chat with ure midwife all about ure concerns and see what she says.

It's highly unlikely u will get a sneazing coughing tech this time but I can understand why it's put u off I mean gosh:shock:

I’m sorry! I’m so tired at the moment. I go to reply then I’m either too tired or I forget

It's OK hon its understandable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->