Early Scans?

vickyandchick

Mum of boys
Reaction score
I posted this in the first tri section but I thought I'd also post it here as well.

Has anyone had an early scan? At how many weeks and what did you see?

I'm looking to get one at about 7 weeks because I just don't feel pregnant at all.

Thanks in advance ladies:flower:

7 weeks you may not see something or you may see a fetal pull which is hard to see. I would get one at 9-10 weeks if anything.
Just because you dont feel pregnant doesnt mean your not pregnant. I would have never known if I would have never tooken a pregnancy test and had bleeding starting at 5 weeks. Other than that I didnt have pregnancy symptoms other than GERD which only flared because of hormones but anything could have flared it. As many ultrasounds I had I didnt believe I was actually pregnant until I had a bump.

Hiya Vickyandchic,
I feel exactly the same as you. Its difficult to believe your pregnant when you cant see it! I'm 6 weeks and I have just booked an early scan for 8 1/2 weeks. Apparently they can do internal scans if you want a super early appointment. I've read that some places offer that from 6 weeks.

I had an early scan at 6 weeks 6 days, because i took Clomid and did a trigger shot of Novarel, so we knew exactly when i ovulated to within a day or so. They were able to see the yolk sac, fetal pole and the heartbeat, which went a long way to giving a little reassurance. I know that most offices probably dont do these scans this early, i think my ob's office would have done one at 9 weeks if we hadnt already had the 6wk 6 day scan...i still didnt feel pregnant until we had a scan at 13 weeks for the ultrascreen, which was a huge difference in what we could see (movement, looked more like a baby and not a blob, etc) good luck! :flower:

i had a scan at around 7 weeks and literlly just saw what i can only describe as a jelly bean lol.

You couldnt make out any features at all, but it was definately there and you can see the heartbeat x

My earliest scan was at 5w6d we saw the sac thats about it. At 6w5d we saw the HB and that there were twins.

I had many early scans because of a history of losses. 7 weeks, 9 weeks, and 11 weeks. It is amazing what a differance 2 weeks makes.

Attachments

• YS-7w1d.jpg
    YS-7w1d.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 18
  • YoungestStanley-9w(small).jpg
    YoungestStanley-9w(small).jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 18
  • YoungestStanley-11w2d(small).jpg
    YoungestStanley-11w2d(small).jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 16
6 weeks we seen, gestation sac, yolk sac, fetal pole and a HB of 120 BPM :)

7.5 weeks i saw the heartbeat via abdominal scan.

I had one today seen easily by abdominal scan. Heartbeat of 150, yolk sac, and bean shaped baby xx

If you take a look at the first page of my journal, I posted a few pictures of my first 3 scans I believe. Two from week 5 and one from week 8. At the end of week 5 you could see a heartbeat and fetal pole. And by week 8 you could see the baby in the shape of a little fuzzy peanut. haha

I had an early scan at 7 weeks, just to confirm everything was on track. My midwife agreed to schedule it for my peace of mind because my previous pregnancy had ended as a missed MC and I was naturally afraid of that happening again. Also we weren't totally sure of my due date because I'd been having very irregular cycles, so the scan let us check.

There wasn't much to see, but just getting the confirmation that LO's growth was on track and heartbeat good helped ease my worries, so I'm glad I did it. :)

Yep. 7+ weeks should show you a jelly bean with hb, 8+ weeks you should see limb buds and maybe movement!

248851_158186910914690_404531_n.jpg

This is DD's early scan at 8 weeks, we saw limb buds and of course the hb :flower:

Just had my first scan today at 5+3 and let me tell you it is causing me more stress then it was worth. I was told by the nurse over the phone that they were looking for #1 multiples and #2 to make sure the sac was in the uterus and yes there was only one sac and yes it was in the uterus but while we were at the appointment the other nurse who was filling in for the re proceeded to tell me I'm measuring 3 days behind and they couldn't see a fetal pole or yolk sac so she wants me to come back in 3 days. So of course I'm like freakin out today so I get online and find that it is perfectly normal not to see so much especially that early. So they basically ruined my day well and my next 3 days bc now I have to go back Thursday to check again. Do yourself a favor wait until your at least 8 weeks.

I had an early scan at 6w1d, my profil pic on here is the scan pic.
I saw heart beat, it was very reasuring!!
Would advise to anyone:)
I am now 9weeks and have another scan booked for tomorrow.
Think im just a natural worrier, I don't "feel" pregnant anymore so got it into my head something is wrong!

Good luck to all :) xxx

I had my first scan at 6 weeks. We saw two babies with healthy heartbeats at that time.

At 6 weeks we had a beating blob, at 8+3 a hating bear and 10 weeks a head and body. Early scans are fun but if you're a worrier to be honest won't make much difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->