Early ultrasound - no fetal pole?

x Helen x

Reaction score
Found out I was pregnant last Monday (so almost 2 weeks ago), Clearblue digi read 2-3 weeks since conception.

I haven't had a period since my daughter was born 19 months ago so as doctors were unable to date my pregnancy based on LMP they decided to give me a dating scan.

The sonographer said that the gestational sack is consistent with a 5-6 week pregnancy although she could not find a fetal pole or heartbeat. There was however a yolk sack.

I was then taken into another room with a nurse where they questioned me for details on my previous miscarriage and stated that they would like me to come back in two weeks time for another scan and take it from there.

I took another Clearblue digi this morning which now reads 3+ weeks so I'm hoping this is a good sign that my HCG levels are rising?

Just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience and what the outcome was?

looks good to me i had the same thing doctor was worried that it looked bad but at 5 6 weeks theres nothing to see. the fact you saw the yok sac is good. go back in a few weeks you will more likely see a fetal pole around 7 or 8 weeks. i went in for my scan with my first baby again at 7 weeks 3 days and saw a cm fetal pole. good luck try not to stress to much. keep us updated and congrats

No advice but that definitely sounds positive :hugs: hopefully your scan was just a little too soon and there'll be a heartbeat and growth when you go back again. Good luck :flower:

At my 6w2d ultrasound the tech only saw a gestational sac and yolk sac, she was done measuring and moving over to check my left ovary when baby came into view tucked away. If she had only checked the sac she wouldn't have seen it. I realize that sounds like my baby is in the wrong place, but it isn't, it was just hiding behind it's yolk sac. So you could either be a little too early or baby was just shy :)

With my dd I went in at 5+4 and there was nothing at all in the sac- not even a yolk sac. I knew my dates were accurate. Within 2 weeks time everything was caught up and right on schedule. I know the wait is so hard!!:hugs:

I also had a the same experience. At 5w4d u/s showed sac and yolk, no fetal pole of hb. I was really scared that no baby would show up next scan but at 12 week scan there was baby with a strong heartbeat waving its little arms as if saying here I am. I read so many posts similar when I was going through this also and most had a good outcome. Good luck :)

Thanks everyone, very reassuring!! Feeling much more positive now after reading about your experiences. x

Thanks everyone, very reassuring!! Feeling much more positive now after reading about your experiences. x

I am scared of the same thing at 6w 1d so thanks everyone for the reassurance and thanks OP for voicing my concerns!

I had a scan yesterday measuring 5-6 weeks there was a gets sac & yolk sac but that's it but sonographer said that's fine at this stage & fetal pole could've been hiding behind but didn't want to carry on pressing as my bladder was extremely full & I really needed to pee, they've made me another appointment for Monday where they're certain they'll be a fetal pole & heartbeat x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->