Early ultrasound - No sac :(

PeachDaisy

Expecting my rainbow <3
Reaction score
I had my ultrasound today. Based on LMP I would be 5w5d. Endometrium lining had thickened. But no sac was found at all. I saw my doctor right after and he is telling me not to worry and that it just may be too soon to see anything. He sent me for bhcg and progesterone draws. So I will see him again on Thursday to go over the results and our next steps. I may call later today to see if they have the results at least so I can have some sort of idea. This isn't really how I wanted to start my Christmas :/

Relax, I had one around the same time and they saw nothing. The next week we had a heartbeat :)

Relax, I had one around the same time and they saw nothing. The next week we had a heartbeat :)

I am trying my best. I worry about an ectopic again is all. I am staying hopeful that everything will be okay.

Don't worry. This can be totally normal at this point. Usually if they re scan u withing ten days u should see a sac and a hb ! Good luck. Try not to worry

Absolutely normal, but understand your worry of course. Good luck xx

Hoping everything turns out well Hun. I know it's scary to think about an ectopic. Maybe you O'd a bit later than you think? With my ectopic my uterine lining never thickened so maybe that's a good sign.

Thanks ladies. I am determined to stay positive about this. I just want to enjoy Christmas with my family.

Pandi- my ectopic was so different than this pregnancy. I don't believe it's another ectopic by any means. But of course they have to rule it out somehow first. But my ectopic was also in my ovary so idk how a tubal would react. Either way, I highly doubt it is one. I think you're right about the lining though. So Fx all will be well.

Good luck! Thinking lots of positive thoughts for you :)

I had a scan at the same as you, 5 weeks 5 days. They did an internal ultrasound as I was so early and could only see an empty sac. I thought the worst, especially as I'd had some bleeding but all turned out fine. I went back 2 weeks later and there was my little boy, heart beating away. I know it's easier said than done, but it could be that it's just too early x

Also just wanted to add, 2 days after that scan, I started to get pregnancy symptoms (I hadn't had any up until that point). I started feeling really tired and sick. I'm pretty sure if I'd had the scan once the symptoms had kicked in, that they would have seen more x

that is why you shouldn't go for that early of an sono , most people dont even see what you saw at this stage......dont worry hun...give it a week or so...u will see it then (hugs))

So, I got my results from my betas Tuesday.

hCG - 2284
Progesterone - 4.9

My low progesterone worries me, as I'm afraid it'll mean a non-viable pregnancy. My hCG actually worries me as well mainly bc they saw NOTHING on the ultrasound, which was internal, so they should have. I have my follow up appointment with my doctor today. Idk how I am going to make it through today at work. I just want to be home and in bed. :(

Yes ur progesterone is very low but u may just need to be put on hormones I had to be for this pregnany for low pro. As far as hcg and seeing something on scan I had that happen to me 3times! All my hcg was well over 2000 but could not see anything went back closer to 7 weeks and there were babies with hb so don't let that freak ya out good luck today!!!

Yes ur progesterone is very low but u may just need to be put on hormones I had to be for this pregnany for low pro. As far as hcg and seeing something on scan I had that happen to me 3times! All my hcg was well over 2000 but could not see anything went back closer to 7 weeks and there were babies with hb so don't let that freak ya out good luck today!!!

Thank you for this! I love hearing something positive. I am hoping that is just what it is for me. I will be sure to keep you all updated!

I'm so glad they are taking good care of you. It can be so stressful with the scans and levels but at least you know you are being watched carefully. I hope your appt this afternoon brings good news :hugs:

I'm so glad they are taking good care of you. It can be so stressful with the scans and levels but at least you know you are being watched carefully. I hope your appt this afternoon brings good news :hugs:

Thank you! I am hoping so also. When I go the email to check my account my heart dropped. I was soooo worried for horrible numbers. I hope that we can get my progesterone under control and hopefully sustain the pregnancy. Hope to have another scan in a week or so and to see something. Anything at this point will make me feel better.

Thank you! I am hoping so also. When I go the email to check my account my heart dropped. I was soooo worried for horrible numbers. I hope that we can get my progesterone under control and hopefully sustain the pregnancy. Hope to have another scan in a week or so and to see something. Anything at this point will make me feel better.

I can imagine...having low progesterone made all my doctors fear the worst in my good and bad outcomes. I had low progesterone with baby girl (12.5) but we figured it out and so far so good. I was relieved to get that number because lab corp screwed up my first draw and let it sit in the Florida sun and my results came back 6 so I'm hoping this works out for you this afternoon. Will look for your update :)

I can imagine...having low progesterone made all my doctors fear the worst in my good and bad outcomes. I had low progesterone with baby girl (12.5) but we figured it out and so far so good. I was relieved to get that number because lab corp screwed up my first draw and let it sit in the Florida sun and my results came back 6 so I'm hoping this works out for you this afternoon. Will look for your update :)

My doctor is pretty good with me so I am hoping that he doesn't put any additional fear into me. I did start spotting not long after my vaginal scan and it has been on and off since then. Idk if that is due to the scan or the fact that my progesterone is low.

I will be sure to update this afternoon after my appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->