Early ultrasound - No sac :(

Glad you have a nice OB. Mine is so kind, gentle, and very calming, and I do think that it helps a lot to have a nice doctor, esp during pregnancy.

Basically the doctor said my hcg is doing fine but is borderline being able to see something via ultrasound or not. He isn't happy with my progesterone and it concerns him that it could be a sign of miscarriage or an ectopic. Nothing can be done about that at this point because of how low it is. He says there is a chance we could still have a successful pregnancy though. So I had my hcg checked again today and have to see him again Monday to see if it's going up properly. If so then he will schedule me for another ultrasound. So it's all a waiting game right now.

I hate to hear that and sorry you are going through this. I was told the same thing twice now and once they were right (ectopic ) and once they were wrong (this nugget). Fingers crossed for you hun:hugs:

I hate to hear that and sorry you are going through this. I was told the same thing twice now and once they were right (ectopic ) and once they were wrong (this nugget). Fingers crossed for you hun:hugs:

Thanks! I'm pretty sure it's not ectopic. I know my body pretty well and it doesn't feel that way. But I am prepared for whichever. Idk if I can handle a second ectopic in a row. I do not wish to miscarry by any means. But I would prefer an unsuccessful pregnancy than another ectopic. At least if a pregnancy is unsuccessful then there is a reason. An ectopic is all bc the body is dumb...lol

I got the results of my betas from yesterday. It was about 60 hours between draws and unfortunately my levels only went from 2284 to 3252. So they are slowing down. This I know could be due to the progesterone, but that is also a sign of an ectopic. I almost wish I wouldn't have called for the results so that I wouldn't worry all weekend, but I guess I will now.

:( I'm so sorry. That stinks. Are they giving you progesterone supplements?

:( I'm so sorry. That stinks. Are they giving you progesterone supplements?

No he's not. He doesn't provide supplements or anything like that. Plus with the chance of this being ectopic increasing my progesterone would just sustain the ectopic longer and ultimately could end worse. And if I'm mean to miscarry, then that's what will happen. I am praying for a miracle and that we will have that miracle baby.

hey! I just posted half about the same thing. I went in for a scan yesterday and absolutely nothing. my doctor literally said, "if we didn't do a blood test last week I would think you weren't pregnant" at one point =/ I have had symptoms for weeks and they eased up the day of and day before so it was unnerving. my hcg came back at 1350ish and I read you can't definitely count on an ultrasound until 2k. so I have a scan in a week to check on that and my (not) bloody cyst. fxed things work out for both of us

hey! I just posted half about the same thing. I went in for a scan yesterday and absolutely nothing. my doctor literally said, "if we didn't do a blood test last week I would think you weren't pregnant" at one point =/ I have had symptoms for weeks and they eased up the day of and day before so it was unnerving. my hcg came back at 1350ish and I read you can't definitely count on an ultrasound until 2k. so I have a scan in a week to check on that and my (not) bloody cyst. fxed things work out for both of us

It's a horrible situation to be in, isn't it? Hopefully all works out for both of us for sure. I'll have to hop over and find your thread and keep in touch also :)

I felt the same way when they mentioned possible ectopic after my first. After losing my tube, surgery, and all the side effects of methotrexate I told my husband I'd rather it be a miscarriage or blighted ovum. It sounded so weird coming out of my mouth but I just couldn't handle the idea of another ectopic. I truly hope that's not your case and you seem to be in touch with your body so you know best. Hopefully thus nugget is just a slow starter and will be your miracle baby still.

I felt the same way when they mentioned possible ectopic after my first. After losing my tube, surgery, and all the side effects of methotrexate I told my husband I'd rather it be a miscarriage or blighted ovum. It sounded so weird coming out of my mouth but I just couldn't handle the idea of another ectopic. I truly hope that's not your case and you seem to be in touch with your body so you know best. Hopefully thus nugget is just a slow starter and will be your miracle baby still.

It's nice to know someone understands where I am coming from. I feel like such a horrible person saying that I would prefer those over an ectopic, but it's true. Ultimately I prefer none of the above and just a healthy baby in my arms. I sure hope it's just a slow starter and all will work out in the end.

Not horrible at all! If it's a non viable pregnancy then a type that won't lessen our chances for a future pregnancy makes total sense. Will think positive thoughts for you peach daisy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->