Early weaning and Reflux?

We did exact same, i charted EVERYTHING for 2 months and took it to doc and he said right you need to be referred, but like you because of weight gain they wouldnt do anything but he has really slowed now and dropped 2 centiles in a month so, we were back and forth and after trying heaps of things they sent him for a scan and it came back with this. But every reflux is bad!

I know what you mean about going out i dreaded feeding him anywhere as by end we're both covered!!

Glad elliot is getting better :) They do say by 6 months most babies muscles are stronger meaning there stomach can hold down the sickness. :)

XxxX

i weaned maley at the age brooke is now and she definately doesnt be sick as often...still does if she is moved about after a feed but not much......

oh i must add that Maley has Cow&Gate Carobel added to her formula which really thickens the milk (you decide how thick to have it and we have it quite thick) to stay down and that works so maybe that why the weaning is ok....?

As you may remember I gave up with the gaviscon for courtney as it just made her constipated.... and just had to put up with the sickyness...!!

I started weaning about 5 months... she is still sicky on her milk feeds (one in the morning and one at night) but we really dont have many problems with her meals in the day!! Apart from the breakfast... (which is quite watery)!! I have found that she is sick on jars... so she has all her meals fresh (cooked by my mum)!!

HV told me last time I saw her that sometimes it can be up to 12 months till the reflux gets completely better.... !!

Took the professionals farrrrrr to bloody long to say 'reflux' with Caitlin it very very much annoys me. Wish I'd have known loads I do now about reflux :(

Good luck

Didn;t know lil lady suffered?! Is she bad?

Not as bad as i've seen some of the LO's on here luckily, i think she suffers more with the tummy pain side of it than the sickyness side.

The gaviscon makes it barely noticeable unless she gets tummy ache which is why im a bit undecided whether to try early weaning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->