Early weaning

It's interesting. My feelings about it all have changed a lot since my birth experience. I wonder if I wouldn't have preferred a CS in the end. I was 34 hours in labour, failed epidural meant I couldn't push but was really suffering from exhaustion and the pain, I ended with an episiotomy and ventouse delivery. Everyone in the hospital apparently was expecting me to have a section. I was glad I hadn't at the time except that now I'm still suffering from the trauma of the birth and I constantly meet women at groups who had sections and were up and about days after the birth with no long term problems, so was it better or worse that I didn't have the section in the end?

You can't possibly know. I laboured for 36 hours. Jack was in deep transverse arrest and his head just wouldn't shift into the LOA position so I failed to dilate past 4cm. I was practically immobile afterwards for almost two weeks, had a string of infections that only cleared up at 8 weeks pp and had PND because of it, I suspect I may have a touch of PTSD too. I wouldn't wish my experience on anyone, but some c/s recoveries go much more smoothly.

I pushed for almost 3 hours and no mention of a C Section here, I did have the vacuum thingy though.

IMO i think that anything before 4mo is early but thats only coz when i had my DS1 4mo was the recomendation. Obv all babies are different and have different needs but i will probs wean around the 4mo mark as i did last time xx

You can't possibly know. I laboured for 36 hours. Jack was in deep transverse arrest and his head just wouldn't shift into the LOA position so I failed to dilate past 4cm. I was practically immobile afterwards for almost two weeks, had a string of infections that only cleared up at 8 weeks pp and had PND because of it, I suspect I may have a touch of PTSD too. I wouldn't wish my experience on anyone, but some c/s recoveries go much more smoothly.

No, I know. It's easy to feel that the alternative would've been better. Sorry you had such a crap time. I feel a bit of a failure as a woman somehow from my experience and it's certainly made me feel afraid about labour next time. How do you feel now?

For a while I would cry about it every day and say that I didn't give birth to Jack, he was surgically removed. I still feel like a failure some days. I am having trouble trusting my body and the thought of a next time scares the crap out of me, but I'm getting there. I can now say "Next time we'll do this and that." Whereas for about 6 weeks or so I just couldn't face the idea of having another baby at all. I'm only just starting to be able to think/write that Jack was born or had a birth and I haven't said those words out loud yet. Until about 2 days ago it was "arrived" and "arrival".

The worst thing for me I think is that I wasn't afraid of childbirth at all beforehand. I was actually just really excited about experiencing it (I had prepared for a home hypno-water birth) and really did just have a wonderful 22 hours at home before we transferred to hospital.

But now I'm scared, definitely. Unlike most women, who seem to be afraid of childbirth before they've ever done it and then realise it's not so bad/worth it etc, I had to have it all go wibbly on me before I had a reason to fear it! I was praised by my bump buddies for my PMA, but now it's all gone.

:hugs: hun, I'm sure you'll have a completely different experience next time, we both will :)

I think Meadow is having a growth spurt now. She was sleeping through but she has started waking up at 5am and draining a 8oz bottle.

She has chewed on her hands since she was about 2.5 months old. She gets her whole fist in there!

I feel for you. Niamh had her 4 month one at 4 months 1 week and it was awful. I did think about early weaning her as I was at my wits end and worried about her. Took her just over a week to get over it though.

Same here Caine had one over a week ago and feeding constant, when BF its a pain too!! But they soon settle again

Ooh and he has always got his hands in his mouth too :D

I honestly dont know why anyone would CHOOSE a C section, it would scare the shit out of me and takes alot longer to recover........... I really would have been frightened if that was mentioned to me and I pushed for 1 hour....... xx

For a while I would cry about it every day and say that I didn't give birth to Jack, he was surgically removed. I still feel like a failure some days. I am having trouble trusting my body and the thought of a next time scares the crap out of me, but I'm getting there. I can now say "Next time we'll do this and that." Whereas for about 6 weeks or so I just couldn't face the idea of having another baby at all. I'm only just starting to be able to think/write that Jack was born or had a birth and I haven't said those words out loud yet. Until about 2 days ago it was "arrived" and "arrival".

The worst thing for me I think is that I wasn't afraid of childbirth at all beforehand. I was actually just really excited about experiencing it (I had prepared for a home hypno-water birth) and really did just have a wonderful 22 hours at home before we transferred to hospital.

But now I'm scared, definitely. Unlike most women, who seem to be afraid of childbirth before they've ever done it and then realise it's not so bad/worth it etc, I had to have it all go wibbly on me before I had a reason to fear it! I was praised by my bump buddies for my PMA, but now it's all gone.

:hugs: hun, I'm sure you'll have a completely different experience next time, we both will :)

:hugs: to you too. I too planned a home water birth and was looking forward to it. Shit isn't it?!

I honestly dont know why anyone would CHOOSE a C section, it would scare the shit out of me and takes alot longer to recover........... I really would have been frightened if that was mentioned to me and I pushed for 1 hour....... xx
I thought teh same before my labour but I haven't seen anyone post here who ahs had a section that is still suffering 7 months later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->