earrly weaners

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
When did you start giving more then one veg or fruit a day?? Or a bit of juice with water?

i introduced things slowly over about 2 months from the start of weaning, xxxx

we have just started giving Maley vegeatble dinner...but she has always had juice with her rice..spits it up but some stays down

do you mean like more than one/two meals?? Colton was on three meals at 3.5-4 months.
And he had 2oz juice/2oz water at 2 weeks old because of constipation issues, he loved it and I've given it to him every since.. although just recently started giving it to him straight.

I started max on 3 meals at 5 months old and by then he was having about 4 oz of juice or water

ahh ok, any juices I see say 6 months plus... so I was wondering. When I gave her the prune juice I only put 1oz with 3oz water.

katie's been on 2 meals since about 13 weeks, but that was just rice, we started on veggies last week.

apparently they dont need juice til 12 months and it should be 1 part juice to 10 parts water

Tye has juice but been told to mix 10parts water 1part juice like Alice&bump said. The one i brought says 4months+ and hes been having it since 3months advised by HV because it really helps with his constipation. Apparently the juice can actually affect their teeth even though the teeth arnt through yet and thats why HV's here advise against juice unless its to help with constipation. But you can always give water if she will take it?

Harry has just started having veggies mixed with his rice.
I was wondering about juice as he sometimes doesnt have a poo for a couple of days but like missjacey says im worried abut it harming his teeth so im not sure.
When dylan was a baby he had constipation from formula when he was about 3 months old and my gp said to give him a bit of fresh orange juice :shock:

at 5 months we started veges and fruit. we started on carrot and had that every day for 3 days. Then after those 3 days we introduced another type (apple) and had that for 3 days in a row (plus carrot). And 3 days after that we introduced another (sweet potato) and had that plus a variety of carrot and/or apple and so on.

We were advised to introduce new things following the "3 day rule"- so we'd know what would be the cause if an allergic reaction happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->