EastEnders New Years Sad SPOILER

Mum2BeJodi

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
Just thought I'd let you know in advance about the show on new years. It is going to be a very sad day as I've saw a spoiler about this. Both of the girls have their babies but one dies of cot death. After the one dies the other mum steals the other baby. I won't tell you which one is what in the show just so I don't mess it up for everyone who watches it. Those who have lost a baby or may be an extremely emotional new mum with loads of hormones will find this extremely distressing and upsetting. I hope I don't find it too upsetting

I heard this too. What a ridiculous story. Like you wouldn't notice if someone switched your baby, even if it was only a day old!

I just read the other post and some of the comments on there and I totally agree that this is an insensitive storyline as well as being totally OTT. I don't think I will be watching as being an emotional new mum, I think I would find it too upsetting. I can't even begin to imagine how if would feel for those who have actually had to deal with the loss of a child. My heart goes out to all the angel mummies. xxx

I posted this on a thread a while a go anf have just done another one on how bad I think the storyline is and that they shouldn't be doing it full stop. I think it's wrong

I can't believe they do a storyline like this. :cry:
And like you wouldn't be able to recognise your own baby, at 1 day old i could tell my baby from another. That is a little unrealistic :shrug:

i will be watching it to see if they treat it in a sensitive way but i dont agree this storyline should ever have been chosen, so many complaints will be put into the bbc

Theres been loads of threads on this storyline.. Think its also upsetting to keep talking about it, the best thing to do is not watch! Eastenders is a pile of shit, the way they handle sensitive topics is disgusting!

kat does say thats not my baby but of course no-one believes her and thinks she just cannot deal with her baby being dead, Ronnie does think of swapping the babies back but by the time she thinks it, its to late Ronnies baby has already been found in kats babys cot

Its just WRONG on so many levels.

I have forbade my 11 year old to watch and if 1 family member mentions it to me i will be hanging up the fone.

V xxx

i will be watching it to see if they treat it in a sensitive way but i dont agree this storyline should ever have been chosen, so many complaints will be put into the bbc

Same hear it will be very very hard viewing, I think its good to make people aware but not to make these mums out to be baby stealers so wrong on so many levels. I am going to watch to see if they handle the subject sensitively like they stated to me in an email when I complained. They said they had reasearched it fully. I think this will be one of the most contraversual story lines done and will upset a lot of people and will gets 1,000's and 1,000's of complaints but do you think they care if they did they would have pulled or cut the story or atleast give Ronnie a happy ending but no its all about drama and dramatics with them and especially ratings, nothing else :growlmad:

I will be watching it out of curiosity, no doubt I'll end in tears, I don't think any amount of complaining will make them stop, rape storylines really hurt me and I find them very distasteful but they get away with it saying they are making people aware :(

:hugs: to everyone who has been upset by this story line xxx

Thats the thing as much as I disagree with all of it entirely they do strories on murder, rape, sexual assault, Children bein abused and I have never so much up roar about them. This certainlly has touched everyone who watches it. But the thing is it's a hard one because people in this world have been affected by some of the above and don't want to see it on the tv but I understand to a certain extent why they do to get a point out there to the younger audience and everyone who watches it. It can happen to anyone and everyone and this refers to all the storylines but they could have done this with how shall I say a bit more taste and not potray the Angel mums to be baby snatchers sooo wrong. The main show is on tomorrow just seen the advert an it's not nice at all it's going to be very very tear jerking

Ahh I didn't get that the reason behind people being upset was because of that. Now I kinda understand.

I don't think everyone thinks or eastenders think angel mummies are baby snatchers :nope: :hugs:

I think it's more to do with Roxy being really unstable, god, how much has happened to her in the last few years!

Really angry by the whole thing to be honest. Cot death storylines are hard to watch but if they are done properly they can help so many people. However, this is ridiculous. When Bobo died there were quite a few people who avoided us because they thought similar things and some people do treat you as if you are in someway odd. This just gives them 'evidence' for their silly beliefs.

Really angry by the whole thing to be honest. Cot death storylines are hard to watch but if they are done properly they can help so many people. However, this is ridiculous. When Bobo died there were quite a few people who avoided us because they thought similar things and some people do treat you as if you are in someway odd. This just gives them 'evidence' for their silly beliefs.

People would avoid you cos they thought you would steal their child? :shrug: Thats terrible if thats what you mean. Sometimes I really wonder about people and what they think.

I watched it to see what would happen and how they would play it out. I havent experienced cot death and I really felt uneasy watching it. It was really sad and in parts really uncomfortable to watch. Why oh why would Charlie leave the baby alone... Its just madness... How would Ronnie hear the baby crying when there was a load of people shouting and singing outside the pub. Its just stupid that they think these are realistic.
I think it could have been done a whole lot better than they did. Like IndyandLara said Cot death storylines could help people if done properly.

People would avoid you cos they thought you would steal their child? :shrug: Thats terrible if thats what you mean. Sometimes I really wonder about people and what they think.

I watched it to see what would happen and how they would play it out. I havent experienced cot death and I really felt uneasy watching it. It was really sad and in parts really uncomfortable to watch. Why oh why would Charlie leave the baby alone... Its just madness... How would Ronnie hear the baby crying when there was a load of people shouting and singing outside the pub. Its just stupid that they think these are realistic.
I think it could have been done a whole lot better than they did. Like IndyandLara said Cot death storylines could help people if done properly.

My neighbour had her daughter 11 days after i had Taylor and i saw her and the 1st thing out of her mouth was ''Your not gonna try and steal Lily are you??!!'' :grr: :dohh::cry::nope:

All i heard all Summer was Lily crying, their house is right in the back of mine and never once did it ever crss my mind to steal her.

People are so fooking dumb at times.

V xxx

My neighbour had her daughter 11 days after i had Taylor and i saw her and the 1st thing out of her mouth was ''Your not gonna try and steal Lily are you??!!'' :grr: :dohh::cry::nope:

All i heard all Summer was Lily crying, their house is right in the back of mine and never once did it ever crss my mind to steal her.

People are so fooking dumb at times.

V xxx

Thats terrible :nope: why would anyone say that. Like your not suffering and grieving enough without stupid comments like that.

Oh i know.

People crossed the road to avoid talking to us.

Ask any Angel Mum, they will have suffered at peoples stupidity at 1 time or another.

V xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->