Easy carrier for hip carries?

Rachel_C

Reaction score
I have a BH mei tai and a Connecta and I love them both, especially the BH, for when we go out and about. However, when we're in the house I find that Leyla gets in my way a bit when she's on my front (think I have short arms and I can't reach round her much!) and she gets bored on my back, so I'd really like to do hip carries. I've looked at MT hip carries on youtube and I can do them ok but it doesn't feel very comfortable, I think maybe the carriers are a bit structured/not soft enough.

Does anybody have any recommendations for a type of carrier that's good for hip carries? I can't afford to spend much at all and it has to be something very easy to do - I don't want to be faffing around with 100m long pieces of fabric and wrapping it around myself in 50 different directions as Leyla will probably want putting down after 10 mins, then picking up again, then putting down... Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Most standard ring slings are easy peasy to do hip carries in and they generally arent expensive.

Thanks Squish! I did look at preloved ringslings but wasn't quite sure. Will have another look.

I do lots of hip carries using my wraps! They are great for about the house Nd really easy to do u only need around 2 metres of woven to do it x

eta my storch is 3.6 and that's mOstly what I use for hip
carries, you can borrow it to try out f you like? X

thanks... I think I'm going to try a ring sling - there are lots preloved for a nice price around - but if I don't get on with that I'd love to take you up on the offer maybe later?

YEah no probs! There were a couple of ringslings on cnt recently for around a tenner in the baby items section x

yeah either a RS or a Pouch sling hun:) both will be great for hip carries :) you could make a RS ..Big Mama Slings have RS rings in and then all you need is your material :flower:

i was gna say wrap, i did lots of hip carries last year when i was on holiday cos leyla refused to be put down lol, think it was the new place freaked her out a bit, and i had to make a woven wrap for her lol, worked really well and was easy to put on, although no doubt a ring sling will be easier, i found woven wrap to be more secure cos it wrapped under her bum rather than just making a pouch iykwim

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->