Easy Recipe Exchange

Ashley8806

Reaction score
For me, lately it has been hard to be eating real healthy. I work 7a-5p out of town, and when I get home around 6pm I have a half hour before DH goes to work. So we have been ordering out a lot :blush: I am starting to feel like crap... I eat healthy snacks, been craving carrots, etc... but I feel like my meals are just complete crap. Not to mention I'm already a bigger girl so can't afford to gain a ton from eating crappy food. So, I thought it would be fun to have a little recipe exchange on here for crock pot meals, or quick and easy meals. Excited to see what you ladies have!

For me, lately it has been hard to be eating real healthy. I work 7a-5p out of town, and when I get home around 6pm I have a half hour before DH goes to work. So we have been ordering out a lot :blush: I am starting to feel like crap... I eat healthy snacks, been craving carrots, etc... but I feel like my meals are just complete crap. Not to mention I'm already a bigger girl so can't afford to gain a ton from eating crappy food. So, I thought it would be fun to have a little recipe exchange on here for crock pot meals, or quick and easy meals. Excited to see what you ladies have!

i need to eat healthy all the time or i gain weight! i make alot of pre marinated chicken breasts which i then roast in the oven and have with a little rice or roasted veg. in my slower cooker/crock pot i make bolognese sauce using minced extra lean beef steak, peppers, onions, garlic, fry all together then add a carton of passatta or tinned tomatoes loads of italian seasoning and leave that on all day, and have with spaghetti. tonight we are have beef stew with cubed beef, onion, garlic and carrots made with veg stock and i will add in some beef gravy granules at the end to thicken up and then will have with boiled baby potatoes :)

Something I absolutely adore at the moment (and a way to get healthy food in me) is to steam veggies, for me I love carrots, broccoli and green beans, then have them with butter or even fry them quickly in butter, mmm! I know butter isn't great but I can eat a full plate of veg like that because of how tasty it is with butter so it balances out teehee
and you can have that on the side of maybe a breast of chicken or strips of chicken that you fry which doesn't take long at all.
I love a good homemade soup which you can make a big pan of when you have time and then reheat how much you want to eat; carrot, potato/leak and onion, or butternut squash and onion with a bit of chilli powder and salt, just great. Having that with a nice wholemeal bread is good for digestion.
I know lots of ladies/families who work long hours like you and your partner, have cooking sessions on a day off where they make big meals like stews and then freeze them in sandwich bags in the right sized portions for a meal, so that could work.

Don't get me wrong, I struggle to cook good food too, but those are some of my solutions! :hug:

Thanks! I manage to make meals, don't get me wrong we don't eat out for EVERY meal, but lately it's just been getting really bad!!

My trick s to buy boneless, skinless chicken (we like thighs) in bulk and cook up a big pot of it -usually around 10 pounds - at a time, preseasoned with just basic spices and then freeze it in 10 portions. I heat up a jar of alfredo, steam a bunch of frozen veggies and some noodles for a primavera with some protein... I can heat it, add Mexican spices and make chicken tacos or taco salad with chicken,.. just thaw in the morning and make any chicken meal fast.

I have also heard of people cooking and then freezing ground beef, but I haven't tried it.

Veggie omelets for dinner is a fav of mine, and I also love to cook up a big batch of minestrone soup and add sausage. This lasts us 3 meals before we are tired of it. I dont normally cook healthy meals, but I make everything half veggies, 1/4 meat and 1/4 starch or for starch/grain free meals, 2/3 veggies and 1/3 meat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->