eat n sleep routine-when to start?

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
My baby is 1 week old and i'm first time mummy so i need a bit of advice. my baby eats a lot like every half an hour he sleep a few hours during the day ( that's the longest , usually he sleep for half or an hour and need feeding again ) , at night he doesn't sleep for many hours, only 1-2 and eat again. i dont think this is that bad, but people seem to want me to keep him on routine from now. what do you think or what you do with your baby?

Once we got home from hospital I started a routine, I think routines are good for babies, but everyone is different if you are happy enough to do what you have been doing then why not?? It is your baby. Do what you want to do hun xx

I never really had this problem, as as soon as kyle was born, he fell into a 4 hourly routine himself. But as Sabby said, its your baby, other people dont know whats best x

We never bothered with a routine and fed on demand, after a month or two Kaya found her own routine. Even now, I tend to be led by Kaya ie she sleeps when she's tired and eats when she's hungry. But I do have to read her cues early enough so she doesn't get overtired. That said, I do have bed time in the evening when she has to sit quietly with us, it helps her to wind down in the evening, but didn't start this till she was at least 4-5 months.

Hey hun...i was the same...i never had a routine at first as i was breast feeding i was also feeding my LO on a supply and demand basis...so he had a nap when needed and fed when he wanted...he is now nearly 3months old and has a bit of a routine however thats not even set in stone as it differs slightly day by day...i found it has worked for me but like everyone else is saying every mummy is different and you do what is best for you and yur LO...Goodluck hunny xxx

its so difficult to say, like everyone has said everyones different, and all babies are different. i do believe that mums know best and you no your baby and have to do what you think.
what we did with other LO one is just followed her routine and shes found a really good four hour feeding pattern and sleeping through the night, which, at the moment works for us, but we shall see if it continues :rofl:
good luck! :hug:

I breastfeed,so on-demand works for us. It is also less stressful for me than sticking to a routine. He has figured out his own routine as time went by,so I know now when is his sleeping time and when he wants a feed. He is doing very well,so it must work.

I fed every 2 hours, it seemed to suit baby but he didnt seem to demand feeding between. I guess feed him when he's hugrny...but he could just want comforting..the boob is their best friend.

Hannah found her own routine and we try to stick with it as much as possible, simply because the days she's gotten off the routine were our hardest days (she was really really cranky those days). She generally feeds every 3-4 hours (but she's bottle fed not breast fed) throughout the day. At 8 p.m. we give her a bath/sponge bath and put baby oil on her and change her into her night time clothes. She generally is ready to eat again between 8:30 and 9 and we put her to bed right after that. She gets up twice during the night to eat and we usually get up for the day around 9.

That's what i believe ; feed on demand and he can sleep when he wants. He's only a week old and he;s on in the navy so i don't want to stress myself and him. he's getting better every day since we came home last week.
just mil keeps saying that he's not hungry-he's not hungry when i carry him and sit down with the nursing pillow which annoys me a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->