Eating clean

beth_terri

Reaction score
Those of you that 'eat clean', what sortof meals do you eat? I've given up slimming world as the high carb high sugar and processed food diet just isn't working with me lifting 6 days a week. I've lost 3 stone on slimming world up to now but unfortunately now that I'm really into the gym I want my diet to match!

Eating clean is pretty basic, it's just not having refined junk and artificial stuff. So not a lot (if any) of sugar, gluten, sweeteners etc.

This is what my diet typically looks like:

Breakfast: Porridge with water/unsweetened almond milk with a scoop of suitable protein powder
Snack: Tin of tuna with chopped veg (peppers, carrot normally)
Lunch: Grilled chicken breast/small sirloin steak with LOTS of salad and 150g rice/quinoa. Salad is dry or I put olive oil and balsamic vinegar on
Snack: Mixed nuts
Dinner: Turkey/white fish with steamed veg and sweet potato mash.

I make EVERYTHING from scratch, nothing is pre packaged (except the protein powder!)

Some people take it really far and cut a lot out of their diets, like fruit because of the sugar, dairy products etc. Personally I have fruit as a treat, and only drink water or a few cups of tea/coffee a day. But I think if you just don't eat the junk food and keep away from artificial stuff then you're good to go!

Great that you've started lifting! That's brilliant! A clean diet will compliment your training so much better than any "diet" food. It can be hard work but the results and health benefits are so worth it! :)

I try to eat clean about 80% of the time, so I'm not as hard-core as some...

The idea is basically if it has more than 3 ingredients, don't eat it! And try and combine complex carbs and protein with every meal, and aim for 5-6 small meals as opposed to 3 big ones.

I am vegetarian, so not sure about the meat dishes...but usually I eat either oats with fruit/greek yoghurt/almonds or veges with an egg scrambled in for breakfast. Other meals - wholemeal wraps with salad stuff or wholemeal pitas, wholemeal pastas, dahl with brown rice, soups, bean dishes, quinoa (awesome stuff!), baked potatoes, tofu stir fry.....

There is a great blog that has heaps of good recipes on it and also talks all about how to eat clean:

https://www.thegraciouspantry.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->