Eating crabs

ButterCup17

Reaction score
We are planning to go to an all-you-can-eat seafood place next month for my birthday. Please tell me we are allowed to eat crabs??

As long as theyre fresh and clean i see no problem :)

The only fish we can't eat (because of the mercury) is fish that eat other fish! As long as the crab is prepared right, then it shouldn't be a big deal.

Yay good answers, im so excited! It's so freakn hot here right now, not much makes me happy about summer...but crabs do lol!

There's nothing you can't eat. Eat like you did pre-pregnancy. When it comes to seafood you might want to limit tuna and the like, but you can still eat it.

Go crazy on the crab! I know I did last pregnancy. I craved it like crazy and must have eaten it at least twice a week when I was able.

I was told no deli meats, no unpasteurized cheese, limit fish *fish in moderation is fine*, & only one cup of coffee per day.

Yes, totally fine. It's true really everything in moderation is fine. If you eat loads of tuna every day, not good. If you live off nothing but pate, equally bad because it's so high in Vitamin A. But the reason you're told to limit things like deli meats is because of concerns about listeria, same with unpasteurised cheeses, but really most of the huge listeria outbreaks recently have been in fruits and veg that were contaminated in processing. Anything can carry listeria. Historically, some things have carried more risk than others, but that isn't really true anymore. So nearly all commercial food sources carry some risk, but you have to eat, so just be smart about it, how it's prepared and stored.

I've not heard that crab is on the pregnancy food "bad list". I love some good crab meat myself! Just limit things like tuna, swordfish, and the like as they carry high levels of mercury. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->