• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Eating dairy

Chickensoup85

LTTTC with azoospermia
Reaction score
Hello,

My morning (haha) sickness has started to improve lately and so I have been trying to get more calcium in me by eating yoghurt for breakfast and having a glass of milk. Before BFP I love both of these things but then until about 8 weeks I couldn't stand the idea.

Since having them again, my nausea has kicked in big time and I'm convinced it's the dairy as it's always worse just after.

What do you think? Has anyone else had this? Will lack of dairy have a negative affect on the baby's development? I'm sure I read the vitamins don't have any calcium in.

Thanks!

Hi,

I feel for you with the nausea, sorry you're going through that!
I've read that even if you are not consuming enough calcium for your own needs and the developing baby, the baby will get the calcium first and your body will get the leftovers.

Meanwhile, there is calcium in greens (kale, spinach, collards, broccoli, etc), roasted almonds, dried peas and beans. If you're not able to get enough calcium through food, talk to your doctor about adding in a calcium supplement. Calcium carbonate (Tums) is well absorbed with food, we give that a lot in the hospital as a supplement. You'll need vitamin D though, to make sure you absorb and use the calcium well.

Good luck and try not to stress. :)

(the list of calcium-rich foods is, of course, longer than I gave but that could be a good place to start. try googling it) :)

I'm taking a calcium/magnesium liquid supplement in addition to my prenatals. Incidentally, I usually hate drinking milk but since I've been pregnant I want it all the time. So weird how your tastes change.
But anyway, calcium is important while pregnant. I read that if you don't consume enough, the baby will take it from your own stores in your bones. So it can weaken your bones apparently.

Thanks so much for your replies. I'll have a look at other calcium rich foods and suppliments.

I've also gone off milk to the point I'm not drinking any tea at all. I used to drink loads of tea during the day and even brought decaf tea for while I was pregnant but everytime I make a mug I feel sick just at the thought of drinking it! I'm on the fruit tea instead. I think its the milk in it that does it. I also ate a cheese sandwich the other day which gave me such a bad stomach, I've never had that reaction to cheese before.

Hope you find a way to get more calcium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->