ebay,am i going about this right?

maryp0ppins

Reaction score
Sold something on ebay last week (have sold before with NO problems) buyer emailed me today to say her item arrived and it was not as described and wants a refund. She says the item is 'well worn' the ebay listing CLEARLY states the item as used and worn for a few months,she also says its dirty (unlikely as i washed it before i posted it but i did put it in a carrier bag before packaging it so it is possible the bag may have had something in it.) apologised to her and pointed the above out about it states the item is used. I told her she can send them back and ill refund her when the item arrives. Is this how it works?

Update: she never got back to me after i said she could have a refund if she posted the item back to me. It was over £15 and cost £2 to post so she would have still got over £10 back. I think she didn read the description properly and didnt realise it was 'used'

yes pretty much, Dont refund before you get the items back and as a gesture of good will perhaps offer the postal cost back.

I was under the impression that i refund the cost of the item plus original postage cost but its up to her to pay for it posted back to me (from what i can understand from ebays website) the item was described as used so i dont agree with her saying item wasnt as described

I am having the same prol;em except i am the buyer :) i brought a BRAND NEW item off someone on ebay and it arrived VERY damaged. I have opened a case as im not paying £5 return postage for an item that arrived in poor condition as i dont feel its my fault.

its very hard in cases like your because your 'good used condition' might be different to what someone else would class as good used condition.

Ive looked into it further and its up to her to pay the return postage. I just classed the item as used and worn for a few months. I never said it was bnwot or anything like that so i cant see why shes saying its not as described.

It's up to her to pay the return postage. Don't refund at all until you receive the item back :flower: x

Depends where you read.. I searched as I had an issue and two separate ebay pages said different things..

One said buyer to pay, and one said seller if its a not as described...

I got a full refund and never had to return the item in the end as ebay ruled in my favor

I always thought it was up to them to pay the return postage, we had a problem last year, where someone said it wasnt as should be and so on so I asked them to return it but I did refund the postage to return as s goodwill gesture as we were in Spain at the time so it took them 2 weeks extra to get there money back, but I normally wouldnt do that :flower:

I'm having a problem like this too at the moment. Mines a little different as mine has come with missing parts and wasn't described how it should be. I have asked for a full refund and her to pay for me to return it. As the fault was 100% hers. Although she isn't keen on that as postage was a lot. In your case I would get her to send back but not cover postage fees and just refund what she paid for item. Hardly seems worth it though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->