Ebay cloth nappies - what is a good price

Lol78

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a selection of new nappies from ebay - the ones where people had good intentions but didn't end up using cloth, so basically unused. Can anyone tell me what a good price would be (including p&p) - I have no idea about these things and don't want to get ripped off. Also, nappy wraps - any ideas? Thanks.

Not wanting to be unhelpful but it really depends on what nappy or wrap you're thinking of buying. Did you have any in mind? Bear in mind that there are a few fakes out there too.

yeah like lu says it really depends what your wanting too buy really hun do you have any ideas? also you could try the swap and sell thread on here x

Hmmm. OK, I see that it could make a difference. I don't really know - that is why I was going to try to get a selection so I could see what I liked. i guess, the brands I have seen on here that seem to be popular are itty bitty, bumgenious, tots bots and bambino mio. Any thoughts? I'm a bit bewildered with it all to be totally honest!!

Can you tell me a bit more about the fakes? What should I look out for?

i dont know much about the fakes but i do know alot of nappies you see on ebay you can buy cheaper elseware like the ittis new are about 13.50 then postage is £2.75 but you can buy one for £11.50 including postage! best to shop around x

As others said it much depends what you are buying. U do need to take caution with ebay for a vareity of reasons though. There were a lot of fakes knocking about for a start especially bumgenius and blueberry nappies. Also, don't trust ebay to be the best price whether they are buy it now items or auction, shop around. :flower:

if your looking but not sure where to start, have a quick read of the articles in my siggy.

it will give you an idea of whats out there, esp the different types. Think about what types you think will suit your lifestyle and try a few which match your requirements.

you don't need to try them all (I did :dohh:) but go for ones which take your fancy first.

there is the cloth swap/sell thread on here and the classifieds on cloth nappy tree which are useful for preloved nappies.

When i bought my ittis on ebay i decided that i didnt want the aution price + postage to be more than buying new from Cheeks and Cherries, id be spending more money then!

I won 3 auctions and managed to get combined postage from the seller aswell so saved about £10 in total :D

Thanks all for your advice.

Littlestar, thanks for the links they are very useful.

Arcanegirl, I will try out cheeks and cherries to see what is on there.

It's amazing how much info. is out there, I just don't know where to start with it all!

I would recommend keeping all the things your interested in on your watch list and see what they go for, that's how I got an idea of the prices. Also don't rush into buying anything and that way you can get the good deals when they come along. I also really recommend the totsbots seconds shop on e-bay, it is the factory shop and the faults are really minor and do not effect quality. I got 4 wraps from the seconds shop and three you could not really see the faults at all and the other one was a tiny mark (which may still come out in the wash).

https://shop.ebay.co.uk/bargainbots/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

If you don't mind preloved keep an eye out in the swap and sell section at the top and on cloth nappy tree. I have got some from both and also some off ebay and I gotta say the ones off here have been the best so far, the ones off here seem to have been looked after much better than the ones I have got off CNT and the ones off ebay were in a right state (very discoloured and some large stains) a bit of soaking in some oxy solution and a good wash on the ebay ones did the trick

Thank you everyone!

Omi, Congrats on the birth of Joshua! How are you finding the cloth nappy thing? I'm still so jealous of your stash!

Thank you. We used disposables in the hospital and then started using a mix of both disposables and re-usable but are back to just disposables at the moment since the re-usables did not keep a thing in! We was told he would be larger size of average and he was quite small so the nappies did not fit well. Our newborn re-usables were useless and the totsbots may not have being washed enough (my fault though). Now we have washed the tottsbots more they should be fine with the size 0 wraps and we just bought 12 all-in-one birth-to-potty nappies which will hopefully fit however our washer broke 2 days ago and flooded the house so that needs fixing but once that is done we will hopefully find they start to fit soon and are more absorbent after a few more washes. All that said we did also have some issues with the size 0-1 disposables leaking with his small legs too so I al frustrated with all nappies at the moment. :growlmad:

Thank you. We used disposables in the hospital and then started using a mix of both disposables and re-usable but are back to just disposables at the moment since the re-usables did not keep a thing in! We was told he would be larger size of average and he was quite small so the nappies did not fit well. Our newborn re-usables were useless and the totsbots may not have being washed enough (my fault though). Now we have washed the tottsbots more they should be fine with the size 0 wraps and we just bought 12 all-in-one birth-to-potty nappies which will hopefully fit however our washer broke 2 days ago and flooded the house so that needs fixing but once that is done we will hopefully find they start to fit soon and are more absorbent after a few more washes. All that said we did also have some issues with the size 0-1 disposables leaking with his small legs too so I al frustrated with all nappies at the moment. :growlmad:

:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:
Oh no! But they do look so pretty!! It souns like the nappy world (cloth and disposable) is somewhat stacked against you right now! What a time for the washing machine to break!! Sod's law, hey?! I hope they start to fit much better soon. By the way Omi, he is sooooo adorable looking on your photo. I'm really pleased for you. xx

It seems like everything is breaking at the moment, the PC broke and then DH fixed it and then he fixed the drier and the washer broke but now that is fixed too. So my new all-in-ones are in and with any luck will fit well and keep everything in. :laundry: Joshua is putting on weight well and is just over 7lbs now so I am sure nappies should not be such a problem now. :shrug:

It seems like everything is breaking at the moment, the PC broke and then DH fixed it and then he fixed the drier and the washer broke but now that is fixed too. So my new all-in-ones are in and with any luck will fit well and keep everything in. :laundry: Joshua is putting on weight well and is just over 7lbs now so I am sure nappies should not be such a problem now. :shrug:

Good on dh - mine is useless with things like that. Let me know how you go with the all in ones. Which ones have you gone for? I think the bumgenius V3 looks quite good but I'm not sure.

Why don't you do a nappy trial first? It would be easier than buying loads, and save you the hassle of having to sell what you don't like!

Good on dh - mine is useless with things like that. Let me know how you go with the all in ones. Which ones have you gone for? I think the bumgenius V3 looks quite good but I'm not sure.

Yesterday we put the new nappies through the wash seven times and today Joshua has being in his new nappies all day and they are actually keeping everything in so far! I am really happy with them (so far) even if they do look a bit bulk on his little frame. We got 12 naughty baby nappies which say they are AIO's but they are pockets I guess, they are nice and cheap at £58 including p&p for 12 (although they sell them in different amounts too). I had heard mixed reviews with a lot of people saying they are good for the price but not as good as the more expensive ones but it is the only re-usable nappy that has not leaked poop everywhere so far. Plus, we got them in six different colours and they are surprisingly cute for cheaper nappies.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12x-Naughty-..._Nappies_LE&hash=item23056d5bd1#ht_8000wt_914

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->