Ebay customer support or there lack of!

emyandpotato

Reaction score
I'm really hoping someone can help me.

I sold a coat on Ebay a month ago. Last week they messaged me saying it hadn't been recieved. Now personally I think that it's a case of they didn't like it because it's rare that things are genuinely lost in the post. Anyway I provided proof of postage etc etc and they were silent for ages then yesterday escalated the case to customer support. Within a minute Ebay is saying that I refunded them. I logged on to find that it said this, I hadn't been online all day.

Now I didn't refund them. Why on earth would I when I had proof of postage?! Anyway I called customer support thinking Ebay had refunded, and they said that it wasn't them, and it was me. So I began to think either Ebay was faulty in this case OR my account was hacked and the refund issued. On the phone I was put through to three different people, obviously in India or somewhere as they all seemed to think it was a day later timezone wise, and didn't seem to understand what I was saying. None of them grasped what I was saying and after two hours being put through to various people they said something about them talking to someone else and put the phone down. I doubt they will make any further contact. They didn't seem to have a clue.

So today I went on to Ebay Live Chat and explained the problem. They said 'Call customer support' and when I said that I had they LEFT THE FUCKING CHAT!! Without a word!! I am so so angry!

I really need to sort this. Right now we have no money at all, and I needed that £41, AND it was a damn expensive coat that I have now lost! But of course there's no way of actually properly contacting Ebay, well not that I can find anyway :nope: Is there anything I can do? Some email address that's really hard to find on their website? I'm so frustrated!

I know it's crap but as proof of postage is just tjat - proof of postage not proof of delivery. Unfortunately ebay buyer protection means you will have to issue a refund (i believe paypal can do this automatically, no account hacking required) and you will have to claim back from royal mail.
If you are still concerned a refund has been issued in error i would contact paypal not ebay. I've only had to speak to paypal twice and both times they've sorted stuff out very quickly.
I learned this the hard way (although didn't bother claiming back as the item wasn't worth much) and now always post signed for.

sorry to hear this, they can be so crap.

I would go to the ebay UK FB page and write a summary on their wall. They don't like public viewing of their crap policy. Last time I had an issue with ebay I got it sorted by someone off there.

I know it's crap but as proof of postage is just tjat - proof of postage not proof of delivery. Unfortunately ebay buyer protection means you will have to issue a refund (i believe paypal can do this automatically, no account hacking required) and you will have to claim back from royal mail.
If you are still concerned a refund has been issued in error i would contact paypal not ebay. I've only had to speak to paypal twice and both times they've sorted stuff out very quickly.
I learned this the hard way (although didn't bother claiming back as the item wasn't worth much) and now always post signed for.

Seriously?! So proof of postage means nothing?! That's so unfair! Thank you though, I didn't know this. I'll try and claim through Royal Mail :cry:

sorry to hear this, they can be so crap.

I would go to the ebay UK FB page and write a summary on their wall. They don't like public viewing of their crap policy. Last time I had an issue with ebay I got it sorted by someone off there.

Thank you I will try that!

as pp said. proof of postage is just proof of postage..

i sell alot on ebay & if a product is worth over £10 i send it signed for..

the post office should have asked you if the item was worth more than £20 & would of sent it recorded if you said yes.

i dont think you will claim all that back through RM as their general rules are if its worth £20+ you should send signed for. x

as pp said. proof of postage is just proof of postage..

i sell alot on ebay & if a product is worth over £10 i send it signed for..

the post office should have asked you if the item was worth more than £20 & would of sent it recorded if you said yes.

i dont think you will claim all that back through RM as their general rules are if its worth £20+ you should send signed for. x

Here they ask if it's worth more than £50... I just assumed it was proof of postage, which to me seems fair. For example I have bought on Etsy and not received an item, and when the seller has provided a postage receipt the case has been closed. It didn't occur to me that Ebay was different, especially as the postage option it ticks for you as you list is often not signed for, just standard.

I definitely won't be sending unsigned again. Doesn't stop Ebay customer support being horrendous though.

The postman that comes to me with signed stuff signs for me and dumps my stuff in a hall next door to me. I checked once when I couldnt find something and he had entered my name that I had signs with a dot. I was raging. Postmen can do this for some reason. I had loads lost in the post too over Christmas. See if someone does have a postman who dosnt bother to get them to sign they can easy say they didnt get the item. What does the tracking say? they show the sig now that signed for it. Ebay usually see if you can sort with seller they dont resort to refund unless you ignore them. Totally shit though. Customer service are liars they never called me back from xmas and they messed up all my orders and took money , never told sellers what I ordered just paid them. Had to go to sellers myself for money as I put it all through at once. No compensation at all. Even called me a liar and I proved with paypal I paid. Sellers where good enough to send or refund so I could buy again. I cant believe how useless ebay where. Still havnt come up with them items to leave feedback from dec. They never will.

Classic case of why iv completely gpne off ebay they treat the seller like shit! They refunded someone because I only had a tracking number didnt even give me time to get things sorted with royal mail just refunded and never even told me I just seen it had came out my account. :(
I dont no where you stand but I think its really bad they treat the buyer wayy better

Unfortunately you do have to prove delivery, not just postage :(

The buyer probably raised a claim with paypal and they have automatically refunded her. You should always send stuff signed for.

This happened to me last year and I haven't sold anything since... because people can be really dishonest it makes it pointless to sell cheap little bits.. I basically had a clear out of some old snes games.. all round 6/7 quid each the first 5 or 6 went out fine... then I had about 4 different buyers say they hadn't received their packages! Maybe they weren't all lying but I find that well too suspicious. Because I was on holiday at the time I replied saying I would sort it as soon as I got home. But by the time I had got home paypal had just given them all refunds :/ you don't even get a chance as the seller these days.

As PP has said proof of postage means nothing when it comes to proving it has been delivered. You can (or you USED to be able to) claim a refund back from Royal Mail for the value of upto £50. I hope you get this sorted soon x

That sucks :-(

I got ripped off as a buyer on eBay a few months ago and seller didn't respond to the claim, so eBay automatically refunded me.

They do have powers to do this unfortunately. It surprised me as although I was genuine, makes it easy for scammers.

eBay sucks for sellers. I stopped selling because it kept getting worse for sellers.

So sorry hun

Same thing happened to me. I sold all my jewellery making stuff and she said she never received it.

eBay just told me I'd have to take it up with Royal Mail and they refunded her.

Same thing happened to me eBay treat the sellers like absolute crap!

Someone brought something said they never received it.... A couple of months later it appeared on eBay as they were now selling it!

Another buyer said a top I sent them was stained when it was brand new with tags! Opened a case eBay automatically refunded them and they sent me back the item,but the next size down, stunk and covered in crap!

eBay provides no seller protection whatsoever. I had a buyer buy a textbook from me. Two weeks later he complained saying the book had water damage. It didn't. I accepted a return and when I got the book back it was damaged...badly. The spine had been creased like it was put in a scanner or photocopier.

I found at least two other sellers that this guy scammed and contacted them. I complained to ebay and they did nothing. I was forced to refund the money. There is no such thing as a no return policy anymore.

Wow I thought it was me being paranoid, but the way the treat sellers seems to be awful in everyone's experience! I've had similar with people claiming damage etc etc and it often seems to be a case of they've changed their minds! Those buyers always seem to leave negative feedback if you complain, too!

I am keeping an eye out for the coat being relisted by someone in that area; it really wouldn't surprise me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->