Ebay help please!! problem with seller!!! advice needed!!

pinkish_angel

Reaction score
Ive sold an item on ebay. It was paid for on friday evening. I posted the item on Monday morning and 6 hours later I received a message from the buyer to say 'have I posted the item as they have put the wrong address details on their account. They knew it had been posted that day as I marked as despatched. I sent the item first class but it was not signed for, just standard first class delivery so what rights have I got?

Obviously the seller will claim she didn't receive it but will I be made to refund her or is it her fault for not checking her address information on ebay? Will they say I should have obtained proof of postage or will they take my side? It was only £13 but its still a lot to now pay back... plus the loss of the item which was actually worth more.

I emailed the seller straight back and asked how the address was wrong, and again the next day to say maybe she could contact royal mail but I have not received any replies to my messages. She has a feedback of only 6 & the seem to be from sellers only :dohh:

any advice would be gladly appreciated.

If shes admitted to you its the wrong address thats not your problem.

did she send you an ebay msg to say it was the wrong address? if yes then if she opens a not received case you can show ebay that she admitted wrong address.

If she put the wrong address I don't see how she can claim off you. I once put the old address on ebay and I wouldn't have dared make a claim!x

Someone did this to me once too lol! Its her problem if her Paypal address is wrong (this is the one you sholdl always go off so you're covered) - she won't win if she hadn't told you xx

She is in the wrong here. If she does open a claim against you, I'm 99% sure you would win, as she messaged you saying she had given you the wrong address. Which is clearly her fault, not yours! And you can show this to ebay as proof. Also, what is your handling time? If its more than, say 2 days she could have messaged before you sent the item out to tell you xx

Thanks everyone. Yes she messaged me via ebay to tell me of this 3 days after she paid and 6 hours after I had marked as dispatched lol. I contacted her back to find out more info but she still hasn't replied to me. My ebay states that I send out items within 2 days of cleared payment. Hopefully she doesn't escalate a case but then I know I haven't done anything wrong, its just inconvenient really. xxxxxxx

It is frustrating when things on ebay go wrong! You should ask her if its just the house number thats wrong because surely she could collect from the neighbour? Also do you write your address on the parcal? As if a kind person recieves it, they can return it to you? In any case, you needent worry, youve done everything right xx

Sorry to go against everyone else but ime unless you can prove delivery with a signature then paypal usually side with the buyer. This is why I now send everything recorded for anything paid for by paypal. Fc she's not scamming and the parcel comes back to you.

every parcel I send I have always put my address on the back.. and typically that day I sent 2 parcels and didnt put my address on!!!! lol

If she has admitted that she gave you the wrong address then I don't think she can expect a refund. I'm sure its eBay policy to keep your records up to date and she hasn't so. I don't know, perhaps look around eBay and see if they have any info on it.

Edit: just looked around and it seems like if you can't provide tracking info then you have no hope of winning the case. Bit shit really considering they gave you incorrect info. Tough one really, perhaps email eBay and ask them?

Ask Ebay. That's the only way you'll get the answer you want. You can talk to them 24/7 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->