Ebay help...

Piggywinkle

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm usually a bit of an eBay expert, but this is more to do with the principle of something rather than the technicalities so I came here for a little advice.

I sold a few little bits on eBay last week and a few were collection only. None of them went for more than a tenner.

One item sold so I waited a day for the buyer to message me about collection, but there was nothing so I messaged her. She replied at 4pm on Friday that she could pick up that night at 6, but I was already busy so I asked her if she would like to pick up on Monday at the same time. She said she would come Monday but it would be later than 6. I asked if she could let me know an approximate time but I didn't get a reply. Monday night comes, so I give her the benefit of the doubt and wait in... no one turns up.

I'm a reasonable person, maybe she's forgotten over the weekend? I message her again to say that I thought we had arranged a collection for that night and gave her my number to text rather than ebay messages as they may not have been getting through.

She sends me another ebay message saying she could pick up last night, so I asked her a time and got no reply, so I waited in AGAIN and no one turns up.

This morning, I look at my phone to see a text from her at nearly midnight last night saying she'll pick up 'tomorrow' if it's still okay.

Hubby told me to tell her to do one as we've been waiting in for two nights already and she's not even offered any kind of apology. I'm a bit worried in case she turns nasty now though because she's got my address and phone number. All for 6 lousy quid! Do I ask her to cancel the transaction or do I give her another chance to pick up?

As long as its not putting you out in the sense that you have deliberately stayed at home for her to turn up I would probably just wait. I have done it before and just said I am home any evening, it doesn't matter to me if they turn up or not that way since there is someone home every evening. I wouldn't arrange a day time collection as I like to go out and would be REALLY peeved if I waited in for someone who didnt show up, but yeah if I was in anyway I wouldn't worry so much about it

Well Monday night I deliberately hadn't arranged anything as we'd supposedly arranged that day on the previous Friday. I did have plans on the Tuesday evening, but changed them as she said she was going to come then.

I think the thing that bothers me the most is that she's not even said sorry :shrug:

its up to you really, just want to stress that you need to have her pay by cash, if she has paid by paypal refund her before she comes to collect and have her pay cash, otherwise she may claim she didnt receive the item and you will have to refund her and be out of the item.

Id probably wait one more night and then ask her to cancel the transaction as itseems she's messing you about xx

I replied to her text at about 10am this morning asking what time she wanted to come tonight but I'm still waiting for an answer :/

I did specify cash on collection :thumbup:

Could you text her saying ive left it outside can you pop the money through the letter box. That way you dont have to stay in.

I wouldn't trust her to put the money through the letterbox :haha: She has a couple of interesting negative feedbacks as a seller which don't help to convince me of her honesty :)

i would send her an emailt o ask to collect within next 2 days as you go on holiday at the weekend it may just hurry her up a bit.

Well, I texted her two more times yesterday and she replied at 6pm to say she'd be over at 7. I replied that was ok, but I was going out at 7.30pm so would hopefully see her before then. She collected at just after 7pm so all's well that ends well.

Still going to add her to my blocked bidders list though.

Glad she collected in the end it drives me crazy when ppl don't reply and leave you hanging I'd rather get messages saying sorry coming the following day x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->