Ebay item missing-buyer not offered refund.

Yo_Yo

Reaction score
I bought something on ebay over 2 weeks ago, and seller posted it more or less straight away. Anyway, it hasn't arrived and I emailed the seller who got back to me just saying it should definitely have arrived by now, but she didn't offer me my money back. It feels a bit awkward-am I meant to open an item not received dispute or ask her for the money back?

I haven't had an ebay item go missing in my 9 years on ebay, so what's meant to happen now?

Use the Item Not received option

https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/ip?query=Item+not+received+&topicId=107&segmentId=4

It will give you an opportunity for the seller to respond to that claim. Ebay gives you that opportunity to correspond with the seller without eBay getting directly involved.

Just send her another message saying it hasnt come and what to do now. Otherwise open a case.
Ive had a few items not come but they either have refunded or sent another

If they're refusing to refund or replace the item then open a case

Id open a case, i had this once and was just told to wait by the seller. Two years later im still waiting, ebay refunded me in 2 days.

I would message her again saying that it still hasn't arrived and that you feel you've waited long enough to know that it probably isn't going. I would then ask for a refund or replacement, if she either refuses or doesn't answer within 24-48 hours then I would open a claim.

I had this happen about a month back and the seller refused to issue a refund although I had waited with all her excuses for over 4 weeks. I opened a case and within literally 1 minute ebay had refunded me the money

Most good sellers will issue you the refund and then claim themselves through Royal Mail or however they have used :)

I've had this happen a couple of times - 9 times out of 10 the seller will refund the item cost if you tell them it's not arrived and ask them for a refund.

I've only ever had a couple of people either not respond or flat out refuse but eBay sorted those situations out for me pretty quickly.

I'd definitely contact the seller again and ask for a refund, if there's no response then opening a claim is the next best step to take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->