Ebay - someone wants to send me cash?

Hayley90

Complete
Reaction score
I have sold someone a pair of shoes on ebay, and they've messaged me saying that they cant get their paypal to work, and they want to send me the money in CASH through the post - sent recorded.

I dont mind, but can they con me?? I wont have paypal's security. I always say paypal only in my listings, the ONE bloody time i dont, i get this :dohh:

What do i do? Are they trying to trick me?

xx

Just don't send them till you have cash in hand, you should be fine that way.

But then what if they say there is a problem with the item? Normally i'd just refund it and be done with it... but i wont be able to do that because i refuse to send cash through the post! x

Then that would be tough luck on them as far as Ebay is concerned. That's why they advise Paypal.

As long as you have the cash before you send it, and get your receipt stamped by the post office when you post, you wont have a problem.

Its them thats not covered, not you. For example, they couldnt claim for a refund, as they have no proof of payment klike Paypal, as long as you dont send them till you get the cash and checl its not fradulant, you will be completly fine to send them xx

yeah as the other have said you are covered not them ebay will only cover them if they paid by paypal if they dont theres no proof they paid
if you do accept it dont post until you have the money x

ohh good :)

I didnt want ebay to just take the money from me, if they are trying to con me or anything...

Cool! Although the way my post is going it wont get here for weeks, recorded or not haha

Thanks lovelies xx

Just make sure you send the item recorded and you will be fine but not till you get the pennies.

V xxx

As the others have said, Its you that would be covered as they didnt use paypal...

Everything will work out fine :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"