EBF: how long did your AF take to regulate after birth?

little_lady

Mum of two
Reaction score
Ok so with my eldest I had a period at 5 months and from then on they were very regular. I have never missed a period in my life except for when I'm pregnant.

With Joel I had a period at 9 months and since then nothing for 7 weeks. I've tested but got a negative, but I feel worried. Is this normal? I keep having twinges like period cramps and I'm worried something's wrong. I'm just never late.

We are however still EBF about six feeds a day plus solids so maybe this is affecting it?

Anyone with similar?

With Aimee it was 9 months but Owen it was 17 then the first few were erratic.Its just while your hormones settle down.

with my first it regulated at around 7 months and with this one my periods are all over the place hoping they regulate still (we are at 9 months breast feeding! )

Eating solids means, it's no longer "EBF," so yes, solids to have an effect. I breastfeed and "EBF" until just before 6 months when we started solids. Violet still uses (breast)milk as her primary form of hydration. My period regulated just after a year.

With my daughter mine came at 11 months. She was still feeding loads during the day and at night so it was a bit of a surprise as I want expecting it!

With my DS my period returned at 6 weeks pp and was regular from then on. With my DD it returned at 9 weeks but was a couple of weeks late one month, then a week early another month. This lasted until 7 months pp.

I'm still waiting for AF or something and we only breastfeed. He eats solids but breast milk is all he drinks as well. he is 7 1/2 months old now.

I was EBF until recently, we've just started introducing solids, and yet I got AF back at 3.5m pp. AF is now very regular at every 27days.

I was 11 months postpartum when AF came back. I believe it took a few cycles to regulate.

DS1 - Got period back at 11mo PP, but it was VERY irregular for 3mo. I had a period every 2 weeks for that time. Irritating!
DD - I got my period back at 17mo PP, but it came back regular like clockwork. I had never had a period so regular before. That was probably why we got surprise #3 LOL.
DS2 - Hopefully not for a looooooong time!! :thumbup:

I got my first PPAF at 15 months. I EBF until 6 months and am still night nursing. I even went back to work at 12 months so I am not feeding as often in the day (I still come home at lunch to nurse her). My cycle seems weird, though, and I'm trying to chart it. I'm pretty sure it's going to be longer than my pre-baby cycles, but we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->