EBF, PG and worried about supply

babyfish2012

Mommy of 1 TTC #2
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure i'm pregnant (TTC) and i'm EBF my 4month old and i think my supply is starting to dry up. we've been bottle feeding and when i pump i only produce about 2oz or so. Not bottle feeding her exclusevly, My mother-in-law watched her over night last night and we went out bowling with friends and its been hours since i nursed her or pumped and I feel fine and when i do pump now my nipples turn bright red

When I was pregnant, my milk dried up at 18 weeks, but I was only nursing an 22ish month old. The colostrum didn't come in until 30ish weeks and so DD1 dry nursed. I know my supply usually dipped around the time of my period each month though. Your milk might just be dipping if you are in early pregnancy, but as your daughter is only 4 months old you may need to supplement with formula. Although in pregnancy the supply and demand that worked before won't now. Keep trying her on the breast, and if she still seems hungry, offer formula? Breast pumps aren't always the best way to determine how much milk you have, as baby is much more efficient at extracting milk! Bottom line is, if your milk is drying up due to pregnancy, there's not much you can do, but don't write your milk off just yet!
I hope that might have helped a bit, good luck, I hope you get your BFP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->