EBF - When did your cycles return?

Tryandwish

Mum of DS,DD & WTTC#3
Reaction score
Hi all.

Wondering what time frame I could be looking at for my cycle to return?

I'm currently 4 months pp and had several times feeling like AF is coming but then she doesn't show up. Took 3 years to conceive this LO and wanting to TTC #2 already but don't want to stop BF.

When did your cycles return?

:hugs2:

I'm at 9.5 months pp, and still no period! I also have felt slight cramping on occasion and have thought it could be AF coming back, but nothing!

I also have endometriosis, and it took a while to conceive this babe, and i'm very curious what is going to happen in the future... when AF will turn up, how long it will take us to conceive again, and how bad my periods will be once they do come back.

Good luck with conceiving #2, in this breastfeeding section there is a sticky thread devoted to concieving while breastfeeding, and tandem feeding?! I'm pretty sure there is at least, i bet those ladies will have lots of suggestions for you!

11 months for me, although my cycles arent regular. between 32-40 days :/

My cycle returned right away after my first, and 8 months after my second.

Good luck with conceiving #2, in this breastfeeding section there is a sticky thread devoted to concieving while breastfeeding, and tandem feeding?! I'm pretty sure there is at least, i bet those ladies will have lots of suggestions for you!

Would love to tandem feed and do have questions for those ladies but need my cycle back first :shrug: Going to research if I can do anything to help AF finally arrive again. Even though I'm only 4 months pp I really miss being pregnant and am broody for #2

superfrizbee - Did you stop breast feeding at 11 months or did your cycle return while still feeding?

Srrme - Were you breast feeding when your cycle returned both times?

Odd Socks - Same question to you. Did your cycle return while still feeding?

Thanks ladies for answering :flower:

Would love to tandem feed and do have questions for those ladies but need my cycle back first :shrug: Going to research if I can do anything to help AF finally arrive again. Even though I'm only 4 months pp I really miss being pregnant and am broody for #2

superfrizbee - Did you stop breast feeding at 11 months or did your cycle return while still feeding?

Srrme - Were you breast feeding when your cycle returned both times?

Odd Socks - Same question to you. Did your cycle return while still feeding?

Thanks ladies for answering :flower:

Yes, I was still breastfeeding, and I was tandem feeding when I conceived my third (still am). :thumbup:

I was still feeding 3-4x a day and once at night.

Mine never did and now I'm pregnant with number 2 :) DD was about 13 months when this one was conceived I think, was still BF her around the clock.

My first PPAF was at seven months, after he'd started on solids. First cycle was 56 days, second cycle 33 days, then two 28 day cycles, then I conceived when my current LO was almost 12 months old.

I'm still BFing, and intend to keep doing so.

My LO feeds a LOT, day and night, four times a day and probably 3-4 at night (was slightly less but I think he's suckling more right now because of a supply dip). For me it only took him dropping a couple of day and night feeds for AF to return.

My first PPAF was at seven months, after he'd started on solids. First cycle was 56 days, second cycle 33 days, then two 28 day cycles, then I conceived when my current LO was almost 12 months old.

I'm still BFing, and intend to keep doing so.

My LO feeds a LOT, day and night, four times a day and probably 3-4 at night (was slightly less but I think he's suckling more right now because of a supply dip). For me it only took him dropping a couple of day and night feeds for AF to return.

I'm planning to start baby led weaning very soon so fingers crossed :thumbup:

Came back at 10 months.

I introduced BLW at 6 months and solids really picked up around 9-10 months, so I guess that's what did it. I was pretty bummed about it though. Could've stayed away for the rest of my life for all I care. I don't need it!!

6 weeks :dohh:

Completely exclusive, nothing but breastmilk has ever entered LOs mouth! I was mifted!!! Lol

6wks with my first and 12wks with my second. My second was EBF until she was 14m (she refused all solids until that point); I'd have loved to have been one of those ladies who only gets their period back later :p

Mine returned at 5 months, right around the time when lo was sleeping through the night most nights.

They say that breastfeeding is a good contraceptive before 6 months as long as your baby doesn't go more than a certain number of hours between feeds. For those who actually want to become fertile again, I wonder if giving expressed breastmilk at night might trick the body into starting ovulating again. Or would that just mess up milk supply? :shrug:

10 weeks pp for me and my LO was and still is exclusively breastfed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->