Ectopic?

AllStar

Pregnant
Reaction score
I have a weird, twingey, feeling low down on the left. It isn't painful at all but I'm aware of it almost all the time. Also had one incident of bright red spotting, no clots and only when wiping yesterday morning. Had a little bit since when wiping but it's brown so guessing leftover from yesterday?

Been to docs yesterday and he felt my tummy and was quite confident it's not ectopic as I'm not in pain but he took blood and I'm back in tomorrow to repeat to see if hcg is doubling but just wanted your thoughts? I read stories on the net (I know I shouldn't google!) about women experiencing no pain at all with ectopics until it ruptures so the doctors confidence didn't really convince me.

I had an ectopic in January. However, mine was on my left ovary so it's kind of different. I was bleeding the entire time, not heavily, but enough that I wouldn't consider it spotting. The pain would come and go. There were two times I remember that were unbearable and that's when I decided to go to the ER. My levels also went up and down but were veryyyy low. That is what triggered them to look for ectopic. I pray for you that your pregnancy is intrauterine and is not ectopic. No one should ever go through that pain. Fx for good news after your levels are checked.

How far along are you? On my first pregnancy i had terrible pains that would wake me up at night in the first couple of weeks and when i said it to my doc she sent me to have a scan straight away to rule out ectopic, which it wasn't. Maybe ask for a scan if you're worried GL x

I'm six weeks tomorrow. I had terrible crampy pains with my first baby which were normal but the fact that this time it's only on one side is what worries me. He said if the levels weren't good or they weren't doubling I'd have a scan.

I had a eptopic on my right side. I had one sided pain but it wasn't there all the time. Came and went. No other symptoms. I had pain this pregnancy also on right side, but I have no tube so knew it couldn't be eptopic again. Had a scan was told that it was my ovary that had ovulated and as a result pregnancy. Called a corpus leutum I think, sorry for spelling.

Good luck keep us updated xx

Good luck! Hope its a happy healthy outcome!

I hope your levels come back doubling and all is okay. As the previous poster said it's a terrible hand to be dealt and a scary experience. With my ectopic I had an initial bleed that was quite heavy with clots and cramping when af was due. I didn't have any pain up until surgery at 8 weeks so yes i'm one of those scary google stories but there were other signs along the way that were found by my RE by doing early scans.

Ectopics are pretty rare and if your doctor seems confident then that seems like a positive sign. For whatever it's worth a lot of women get pain from cyst that may seem like an ectopic. Are they planning a scan for you in the near future? I will keep you in my thoughts and hope for good hcg levels.

With my ectopic I had what I thought was my AF and then had a bfp. I had spotting all the time and it was a very dark red / brown colour. It was distinctive. I didn't have loads of pain. My hcg levels were low and just sort of stagnated.

With this one most of my aches have been on my left side but scan showed the very very tiny bean in the right place with a heartbeat.

I had lots of one sided pain until 7.5 weeks. Mentioned it to my doctor and he just said come back if it got worse or if I started bleeding. He was pretty sure it was a cyst from ovulating and I guess he was right because baby is right place!

Best of luck to you x

Hey Allstar

Do you have any fibroids? I have on that's down fairly low and it aches when I'm pregnant with some pain now and then.

Good luck!

Kim

Thanks everyone. Don't have any fibroids that I know about.

Got the second blood draw today, docs hoping results will be in Friday evening but if not I won't know until Monday morning!! (That's living in a small town for you!)

He didn't tell me what my levels were but I didn't ask because if I knew I'd be obsessing wether or not they were ok and it differs so much that it doesn't tell you anything.

I was so happy this time last week when I got my bfp and now I can't relax and be happy until I know. Really hoping it don't have to wait until Monday. The thing is if it hasn't doubled and I need a scan or appointment with someone, I'll probably have to wait until after Christmas.

A wee update.

Didn't get my results Friday so having to wait until Monday :-(
Spotting has stopped but all symptoms have disappeared. The twingey feeling went away but now it's back again. I'm really worried, Monday feels ages away!

Try and stay positive, i know its hard but worrying wont help, cross that bridge when you come to it! Hopefully your results will be good on monday and the spotting stopping has to be good?!

Fingers crossed for you x

Wee update for the moment.

Got my results, 170 and 500 and something so doctor was happy but I felt they were low.

Spotting started again and doctor tried to get me a scan at the EPU but they're shut for Xmas until Monday. Now the spotting is more like light bleeding so I'm not so positive anymore. Just got to wait it out until the doctor can get me a scan which will hopefully be Tuesday.

If those two hcg levels were two days apart that a good doubling time!

Thank you. Yeah they were Monday and Wednesday both at half 3. I'm trying to stay positive but it's getting more difficult! At least being at home with the two kids means I can't just sit and mope about as I don't want to upset them. They're keeping me going! :)

I started spotting on Christmas Eve and it was on and off for a few days. Now it's become pretty constant. I'm pretty worried also. I hope everything works out for you.

It's horrible isn't it. Especially the not knowing. It's such an awkward time of year too with places being closed and people being on holiday. I hope everything works out good for you, let us know how you get on. Will be thinking of you xx

Allstar idk whats normal for hcg levels because we dont test them here but i do know they are ment to double every 48 hours (maybe its 72 hours, i cant remember) so there is a good jump in your numbers. Spotting can happen for various reasons with no ill effects on the baby so hopefully that is the case for you. Il be thinking of you this week and hope your scan goes well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->