ECV today.. nervous :-(

tylerlewis

Reaction score
So on Friday midwife said baby is 2/5ths engaged, in the space of 2 days his turned himself into breech postion :shrug: Ive been booked in for ECV today at 1pm to try and turn him back to head down position!! If that fails then ill be booked in for c-section in 2 weeks.. Im scared and nervous about this, ive read alot about ECV's online and alot of people have said it hurts and theres only a 50% chance of it working.. Im also worried about having a c-section as ive never had one before :-( Really hope this works as I would love my last labour to be as natural as possible.. xx

dont be scared. in my experience it was painful and didn't work but the consultant explained that it shouldn't have hurt so that was probably because he was never going to move. this was with my DS and first baby, he was breech all the way through and comfy. the chances of baby turning is increased with subsequent pregnancies and the fact they turned recently means they probably have space to move.

good luck x

Please post how it goes bc I was told today that my baby is breech as well. I am schedule for ECV next Tuesday. :(

Appointment was cancelled as consultant wasnt available :-( Been booked in monday at 12.30.. Ill update as soon as ive had ecv done!! Fingers crossed this works, really want a natural birth xx

Im booked for tue. Fingers crossed for both of us. I would prefer no c section, but ill do whatever will be best for baby in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->