eczema/infatigo

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
Tom has had a patch of eczema on his face since October which woud not go. Just after christmas it got infected and started pussing. We have used Fucidin cream on it, he has had a round of flucluxacillian and now we are using bactroban but it isnt getting any better. Just as it heals it gets worse again.

Tonight when i went to wake him up he had discovered it and ripped it to shreds. Blood everywhere... If i put a dressing on it he might pull it off and choke, and if i put mits on he bites them and pulls them off.

What do i do?

We arent due back to the docs until Wednesday.

id take him back the docs before then hun. Kaitlins exzema went infected and weeping on her face the fucidin cleared it up right away. if it gets worse over the weekend id call nhd direct xxxx

hows about masking taping the glvoes on? Sounds harsh I know but it sounds really nasty.. Poor little man.

My LO has mild eczema and doc told us to just use vasoline. Seems to keep it at bay.

Oh the poor little thing! I had this as a kid (older, about 10) and it's horrid, probably really itching him.
I think you should go back to the Dr too, if the infection hasn't cleared up it sounds like they need to use something stronger.

I agree with tinytoes masking tape suggestion too. It's mean but he needs to give it a chance to heal. I'd also try to take him back to the Drs sooner. It sucks that Drs don't really work the weekend!

Thanks- iw ill give that a go! he didnt pull the mits off last night but they were blood stains where he had been rubbing them against the wound. It is pussing again today. I think i will take him back again on monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->