Eczema

kiasuten

Reaction score
Has anyone developed eczema while pregnant, but never had it before? How would you describe what it looked/felt like?

I'm pretty sure I've got it... all over the back of both my hands :( My dry skin normally clears up in a day or two if I use lotion, or sometimes exfoliating scrubs, but this has just gotten worse.

I feel like I have leprosy. People are asking if I'm contagious.

i have horrible eczema all over my body, and it sounds like what uhave is indeed eczema. i recommend getting some Cetaphil cream it works miracles.

I've had eczema all my life and its only got worse since getting pregnant. Mine can be very dry flaking skin at its best, and a red rash with the skin craking and bleeding at its worst.

Cold weather and water really irritates mine. Make sure to wear gloves when doing dishes or anything where your hand are submerged in water. Use a moisturizer for eczema after washing hands. I have a daily steroid cream that I have to use on it. I hate using it while pregnant, but its better to keep it under control with steroids than have it get infected.

Check with your doctor to confirm that it is eczema and not something else.

I got it whilst pregnant over the back of my hands across my knuckles. I went to the doctor and they gave me some cream which made it go almost straight away :) can't think what it is called tho :( xx

I had it to but I havent had it in a few years. I used to have a steroid cream for it but not sure if those are safe during pregnancy. I found the best thing is creamy vaseline/petroleum jelly. OTC and pretty cheap only a few dollars a tube. It doesnt have alcohol or fragrances either so it wont irratate. It can be a little greasy feeling of course but helps within an application or 2. Cetaphil is good too and not as greasy feeling if you can use that during the day and the vaseline at night or at home. Eucerin cream is a little better IMO but more expensive. (wow sad how much I know about lotion!!) Whatever you use make sure it is not in a pump container b/c they use alcohol to thin it out so it goes through the pump.

Thanks, ladies. I'm going right to the pharmacy to pick Cetaphil and vaseline until I see my doctor on monday.

The cold, rainy weather today made my hands bleed a little. I sure hope it's eczema and not something worse. :/

I'm sure it's nothing worse. Eczema is basically if your skin is very dry, red and inflamed and mega itchy. I have suffered with it all my life. I would recommend Eumovate, you can buy it from Boots, although be warned they may not sell it to you if you're pregnant. This happened to me but my GP has prescribed it as its totally safe. If creams don't help soothe it then I suppose it could be something else but your GP will advise x

I had eczema on the insides of my elbows and backs of my knees when I was little. When I got pregnant, it flared up on my face :wacko: of all places! It's red, flakey, and inflamed. My doctor gave me cortizone cream for it, but I wouldn't use that unless the doc says it's ok as it has a steroid in it. Cetaphil is great as it is non-scented and very gentle. If it is eczema, you might need someothing a little stronger to clear it up. Good luck! :flower:

I had eczema when I was younger, and didn't really suffer from it for about 6 years or so. I'm now getting patches of it on my neck of all places! Nothing I've tried seems to work, so when I go to see my midwife, I'll ask her about it then

I've suffered with eczema all my life and absolutely swear by something called Lasaar Paste. Put it on before bed and in the morning you will be amazed at how much your skin has calmed down. Usually only takes 36 hours for a bad flare up to disappear with Lasaar paste, well with me anyways! Worth a try though maybe?

Hyrdocortisone cream helped the redness and swelling, and it looks like it's going away. Doctor said it could be eczema, but she's not going to refer me to a dermatologist unless it flares up again. I guess self-medicating helped, so there's no need to spend any money on me for medical tests lol

She said the body has lots of physical changes during pregnancy-- oh, the joys lol

my poor wife has it on her neck and behind her ears but the doc has given her some cream and is going away

Has anyone developed eczema while pregnant, but never had it before? How would you describe what it looked/felt like?

I'm pretty sure I've got it... all over the back of both my hands :( My dry skin normally clears up in a day or two if I use lotion, or sometimes exfoliating scrubs, but this has just gotten worse.

I feel like I have leprosy. People are asking if I'm contagious.

I did not experience this, but my little boy has eczema. For him I just lather him with AVEENO lotion. There is one that is made especially for eczema. Also - petroleum jelly does wonders! I know it's greasy, but just put it on before bed. I do this with my son and the following morning his skin is sooo much better.

I'll invest in some Aveeno and see what it does. I normally have to be careful with lotion and body sprays and the like because I break out easily.

dbspider, certainly your poor wife! I guess I'm lucky only to have it on my hands.

I've had eczema all my life. I use cortisone and also a more heavy duty steroid called Elocon. Watch out with Aveeno, it makes some people's eczema worse. Same for me with petrolium jelly. Depends on the person really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->