Eczema

Glitterfairy

Reaction score
Has anyone got any hints or tips of ways to control and ease eczema as my son has developed it.

Thanks

i suffer from eczema, i wash with aqueous cream and i can only have 2 minute showers in lukewarm water.
i then use doublebase cream afterwards.

doesnt work, nothing ever works for me..
i think the main thing is to keep moisurising! :) the dryer the skin the worse it becomes.

hope it gets better hun xxxx

My son has severe eczema that allergy induced.

We had to go through alot of creams to try and find the right one, as each case of eczema is individual what works for one person might not work for the next.

We use Oilatum for his body, dream cream from Lush from his face and Dream waash in the bath to reduce any redness.

Aqueous is okay to use as a soap but if your gp prescribes it for moisturising then stay clear of it. Its been discredited this year as any good for moisturising skin especially in children because of a certain ingredient in it.

Aqueous is okay to use as a soap but if your gp prescribes it for moisturising then stay clear of it. Its been discredited this year as any good for moisturising skin especially in children because of a certain ingredient in it.

exactly what i forgot to say, it is quite rubbish.
doesnt seem to be working for me at all!

my son has it to the point where he scratches so much, he makes himself bleed. tried lots of creams,all crap, especially aqueous, no effect at all. the only good cream id hydrocortisone (sp?) its a steriod cream prescribed by yoUr gp but you can only spread it thinly on the affected area 2x a day, but it does help to reduce it. as for bath, have his water luke warm with either a bit of oilatum or nothing at all. Now that my sons skin has cleared up a bit, i put a touch of baby oil in the bath and his skin feels really soft and smooth. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->