EDINBURGH mums and mums-to-be

stouffer

Reaction score
Thought it might be nice for those of us in Edinburgh and surrounding area to keep in touch :)

When are you due/when did you give birth?

Yay!! If anyone likes to chat on facebook that's always an option too!

I gave birth in Simpsons in RIE on 30/8/11, I have to say the staff were excellent :)

CharT, I'm due on the 22nd. Are you going to Simpsons? May see you there :lol:

Love your avatar pic Booda. Such a cutie :)

I'm due 18th Nov (Sweep booked at 37 weeks on 28th Oct). I'm Becky from Falkirk and I'm giving birth at the new Larbert Hopsital.

Yea I'm off to simpsons and hoping to get into birthing centre! I'm just getting bored now waiting!!
I thought I'd love having time off but now I've cleaned and washed everything I'm bored!!

Oh well hopefully he will be early or on time at least?! :)

Hi fellow Edinburgh ladies! I'm due on 14th January - first baby :) I always find it funny seeing people writing about places I know! Lol x

hi
im actually moving to edinburgh from aberdeen in november, when i will be 33 weeks! due on 4th January! xx

I'm actually from Falkirk but will be giving birth at RIE due to medical issues. Due date is this Friday (14th) but I'm not expecting baby to make an appearance any time soon.

Hi! I'm a newbie, just 6w, due first week of June. No idea yet about epidurals or anything, so maybe that new birth centre will be an option. I've seen it, lots of staff and people around already, looks nice. Spent a lot of time at RIE the last 2 weeks getting hcg monitoring and early scans w/ suspected ectopic, but today's scan showed the pregnancy in the uterus, so I'm feeling very relieved and rather chuffed at getting it right this time!

Hi! I'm a newbie, just 6w, due first week of June. No idea yet about epidurals or anything, so maybe that new birth centre will be an option. I've seen it, lots of staff and people around already, looks nice. Spent a lot of time at RIE the last 2 weeks getting hcg monitoring and early scans w/ suspected ectopic, but today's scan showed the pregnancy in the uterus, so I'm feeling very relieved and rather chuffed at getting it right this time!

congratulations!!!

:wave:

I had both my girls at Simpsons, my first was born at 27+4 and spent 12 weeks in the neonatal unit there.

My second is 6 month old and we went full term with that little lady :haha:

Ooooh Edinburgh people!

Hey, I had Summer at Simpsons last May, seems sooo long ago and little Maci's due Febuary 15th :)

Oooh I love your newbies name Natasha xx

I'm actually from Falkirk but will be giving birth at RIE due to medical issues. Due date is this Friday (14th) but I'm not expecting baby to make an appearance any time soon.

Good luck tomorrow!! :thumbup:

Just to let you all know I had Charlie 01/11/11 and got into the new birthing centre at Simpsons and it was fab! Can't recommend it highly enough!!

The room was huge birthing pool so relaxing lovely comfy sofa! Beanbags & birthing ball!

I ended up being rushed to the old labour ward to give birth as they were worried about charlies heart rate but all was ok in the end but the difference between the 2 rooms was massive!

So if you can get into the birth centre!!

Just to let you all know I had Charlie 01/11/11 and got into the new birthing centre at Simpsons and it was fab! Can't recommend it highly enough!!

The room was huge birthing pool so relaxing lovely comfy sofa! Beanbags & birthing ball!

I ended up being rushed to the old labour ward to give birth as they were worried about charlies heart rate but all was ok in the end but the difference between the 2 rooms was massive!

So if you can get into the birth centre!!

Aw I really wanted to be in the birthing centre! It was supposed to be opened on 1st September and that was my due date so I was keeping fingers crossed but I ended up going into labour 4 days before due-date and had an uber-long labour then he shat in his waters then got strapped to monitor and all that jazz booo! But the room I ended up in was nice enough, had a thing that looked like a jacuzzi but I ended up not using it, and was strapped to bed anyway...oh well, next time!!

Hey CharT, I missed you by 1 day at RIE, I was in there for a week 24/10 - 31/10 whilst having my wee boy. I gave birth at the old labour ward and whilst I can't fault the staff I will say that it was crazily understaffed. This didn't particular affect my labour but post labour care was terrible and I noticed it alot since I was kept in for 3 days after having him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->