Edited

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
I just woke up to find lots of bright red blood, so sadly this was a chemical. I wish all the other May mummies a huge happy and healthy nine months and I am so very sad I won't be with you. Hope no one minds that I change this thread. As far as I was aware it's just me and Ganton so far anyway.

Hi there lovely ladies!!!

I am still shaking!!! I just got my BFP on what I think is 10dpo making me due the 2nd of May. Are there any other early testers who have just found themselves due in May 2016?

I can't stop grinning and staring at my tests!!! I so hope this is a sticky baby. Having had two relatively easy pregnancies I'm worried this will be the time that things go wrong.

I'm Charlotte and this will be our third baby. We have a three-year-old beautiful boy called Oscar and a just-turned-one-year-old ball of mischief called Isla.

Anyone else out there? :wave: :dance: I feel I need to chat about this or I will explode!

Hey squirrel. Fancy seeing you here :)

As you know, baby number 3 for me too. I have 2 boys already and will be staying team yellow again this time.

I'm also worried about the third baby thing. Besides some nausea, my first 2 pregnancies were great with fab deliveries. I've heard that third babies like to cause problems!

When do you think you'll start telling anyone? I started telling people (best friend, work and family) at 5 weeks with DS1 and only a little later with DS2. I really want to wait until the scan this time, although I may struggle not to tell work if nausea gets bad. If this BFP is a sticky one, I'll be due a scan around my mum's birthday so would love to make it her birthday surprise :)

Yay!! Hi Ganton! So happy to see you on this side!

I'd really like to keep it mostly a secret this time. We were similar to you, told almost everyone straight away with Oscar then with Isla told only a few. This time I'd like to keep it totally a secret apart from one person each. I've already told mine :D one of my closest friends. I saw her earlier today, we took kids to soft play and then afterwards had a coffee. I felt so dizzy and weak when we left that when I told her she said she'd guessed already and had just won a bet. Ha!

I already have a really lovely announcement idea to tell family and friends. I'm going to have the first scan turned into a simple jigsaw with the title: The final piece of our puzzle arriving May 2016. Then I'll take pictures of the kids 'building' (with lots of help) the jigsaw. I'll send pictures to family and friends saying here's some picture of the kids making a jigsaw. Then the final picture will be them holding the finished framed jigsaw between them with one piece missing below the title and the space painted in yellow. I've had this idea for soooooo long, I am so happy that hopefully I will be able to do it soon! I hadn't even thought when 12 weeks will be... around mid October?

AHHHHH!!!!!! I am still so so so excited and can't believe this is happening!!!!

Regarding third babies being trouble, haha!! I was a third baby myself and I was terrible apparently! I think I've paid my dues with my son though. He was not an easy baby and neither of mine have been good sleepers. Isla is a perfect day baby - happy all the time, relaxed, charming, loving and zooming through her milestones, but at night she is a horror!

Anyone else with a brand new BFP lurking?

I'm thinking of making GP appointment tomorrow to tell GP and to get me into the system. I'll only do it if I have a big improvement in my test though. They were so faint today so if they're darker tomorrow I'll call GP. I'm hoping they'll want to do a dating scan as my LMP was 17th of July and I have such irregular periods. If not, then they'll be booking in my 12 week scan when I'm only around 9/10 weeks.

When are you thinking of getting in touch with yours Ganton? Or how does it work in your area? I don't think we can self-refer to midwives here. You have to go through GP. I'm a bit worried that last time my midwife was a bit rubbish. I'm thinking of asking to be seen with the hospital midwives rather than the branch they have in my local area. It's more convenient here, but she really wasn't very good. She denied I could have braxton hicks at 16 weeks (I started getting them at 14 weeks last time, 26 weeks with my son, every three minutes due to my irritable uterus). I was really worried about it starting earlier with Isla than it had with my son, but she really wasn't bothered. My daughter was premature in the end and irritable uteruses have been linked to early labour. So I'm very worried this time!

We can self refer to the community midwives by filling in a form at the GP surgery. I think we can also call the community midwives directly but my friend did that and her scan wasn't booked properly, so I'll stick with the form. I'm going to see how my tests go over the weekend and then self refer on Monday if all looks ok. It's best to get referred fairly quickly so that the booking in appointment happens before the scan.

I can understand why you would want the early dating scan. I don't think the downs screening can be done until at least 11 weeks so you'd want to make sure it's booked in when you're past that point.

My DS1 was a nightmare with sleeping (still is at bedtime sometimes) but DS2 had been great since he was about a year old. Hopefully you're due a good sleeper this time.

I also meant up say that I love your announcement idea. It's so well thought through and is just lovely x

That's great that you get to self-refer. Here we actually have to speak to the GP. In truth if I went for an NT scan and turned out to be 9/10 weeks I think they would have to have me back to redo it at 12 weeks, but I'd rather be honest with them from the start and explain my weird cycles and how I know roughly when I ovulated. Though I told them last time and they point blank ignored me. To be fair that time it was only a few days out, but this time it's a few weeks.

Is it sinking in for you yet? I actually don't believe it's happened. I keep staring at these faint faint lines on my tests and wondering if they're real. I have this horrible feeling that tomorrow when I test they will be negative again - nothing to base that on, just irrational thinking and fear. My husband isn't here for five days (yet another festival!!) and I found out right before he left. I have this video for him that I made a few months ago that I will now finish with pictures of the BFP I hopefully get tomorrow morning and some pictures of the kids holding signs with #1, #2 and #3 written on my stomach). I'm then going to put it privately on youtube and send him a link tomorrow night when he's merry and happy.

BUT that does leave me feeling very strange now. I'm pregnant and my husband doesn't even know!

I decided to tell DH last night and I was actually quite nervous. I just gave him the test and he asked me what he was supposed to be seeing. I then had to convince him that there's a line there (which he could see eventually) and that a faint line is ok at this stage. I wish if waited until I had a darker line to be honest, as it was all very underwhelming! I'm excited about telling my best friend, which I'll do as soon as I next see her, hopefully this weekend. When I found out I was expecting DS2, she'd been trying for a baby for a good 18 months so telling her was a bit awkward. However, she has since had a baby girl, so I think it'll be much easier this time.

As for my mum, one of my birthday present ideas (even without this new bean to announce) is a photo book of loads of pictures of the boys from when DS1 was born to date. We actually have a photo shoot booked next weekend with the kids and they were going to be the final pictures in this book. I'm hoping to tell the photographer out news and therefore get some sort of picture that makes it a bit more obvious that there are 3 babies in the pic, and have that as the absolute last picture. I have no idea what that picture will be though, so am open to suggestions.

Lovely idea for your mum. Photo books make sure great gifts. I made one for my mum for her last birthday and filled it with pictures from when she was 18 up until being a grandma (a kind of This if you life... in pictures). My dad has a machine to scan in negatives and those old APX films and so he scanned in our whole photo collection from childhood and from even older.

No change in my FRER this morning :'( it's as faint as the ones I did yesterday afternoon. I do know for lots of people FMU on FRER isn't great and for some reason SMU works better, but it is making me feel very very nervous. I wish I hadn't been so confident yesterday - I was just so beautifully surprised. I'm going to go out and get some more FRER and hope it's darker later. This is what I keep thinking... I've had two good pregnancies so far, why should I expect to escape having a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage when they are so common?

I replied to your comment in the other thread and have also just sent you a private message.

There's not much we can go at the moment other than just try to relax and hope for a stronger result in a few days.

I do like the excitement of early testing, but boy is it a worrying time!

So I have been making these on and off while TTC and have just updated them to say May. They're just fun graphics, don't even know if I get to stay May yet, but I thought it was fun making them. I made one for the March Monkeys and have changed it to May now, I don't think anyone there is using it after having a look. I don't know what name our group will eventually get, but I liked playing around with some ideas. I'd love to make more if others come up with names too. I am a giant nerd and love playing around with vectors in illustrator!

Attachments

• MAY.jpg
    MAY.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 2
  • MAY design2-1.jpg
    MAY design2-1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 2
  • may banners2-1.jpg
    may banners2-1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 2
Any other May-mummies out there who are just getting their BFPs?

It looks like we're the only ones. We can't be the only people crazy enough to test this early. I'm sure they'll start coming through very soon.

YAY!!! Happy for you Squirrel!!! Hope this is a very sticky baby!!!

Congrats to all the May Mommies from a February Lovebug and former May Blossom of 2011 (later called the Mini MAYhems). HH9M!!!

Congratulations on your BFPs! How exciting! I'm hoping to join you all in this thread in less than a week! I'm currently 5dpo and feeling hopeful.

Thank you Brandi and Clementine :) and good luck next week Clementine! Hope you get to join us!

My tests are finally getting a little darker and still no sign of AF. Not sure on when I ovulated, but yesterday was the last possible day she was due, with Friday being more likely. No further spotting either. So I'm feeling hopeful again, but still quite unsettled. I don't know why I feel like this this time around. Maybe because it took a lot longer to conceive this time so I am used to getting my hopes up and then them being dashed by AF showing.

Good luck to anyone lurking who's testing or expecting a BFP! Hope to see some more May mummies to be soon.

I got a 1-2 weeks on a digital today, so feeling much more uplifted!

Bumping up the thread.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member