edited

Hi there, I'm in a similar position, I have 2 children from a previous relationship and my df thinks 2 is enough but I really want another! Especially as I'd love for us to go through the whole journey together.
We get married in September and next year my dd goes to school so I'd love to start trying after Christmas if he changes his mind. He's hinted that he might as he always says he changed his mind about marriage but suddenly it's all I can think about!

Exactly the same here, we have 2 boys and I would love a third but my oh says definitely no more. He was happy to stick at one so two was a push for him so I don't think I stand any chance convincing him on a third! I can still dream about it though :)

My hubby wanted two...I wanted three but ultimately agreed on two as we have troublesome pregnancies and he was certain. Then one oopsie later andi have my third. Wouldn't change it now. .But three are hard work. I don't think I'd have managed to change hubbies mind and plan a third

In my opinion, your car is plenty big enough. I've just had my third and we manage with a smaller car.

We have a 4 bed house, but the older 2 share anyway, so a 3 bed would certainly work, at least until they get fed up of each other and want their own room.

Even with 2, no one ever offered to babysit so it's not really any different with 3.

My third is 7 weeks old now and I couldn't imagine being without her. I'm so glad I managed to persuade DH to have another.

When starting to ttc for #1 I wanted two he wanted 3. Then #2 came and I suddenly wanted 3 and he didnt want more.. but as the time went by and the younger got bigger he got more and more into having another and now we are going to ttc after next af. And that was with no pressure from me :)

we have 3 (trying for 4) and no one offers to babysit but if i needed one i know people that could and would do it if the need arose. we have had 1 car pretty much our whole marriage ranging from Neon, different Vans, Focus, Fusion- all fit 3 carseats fine. We have squeezed everyone into 1 and 2 bedroom APARTMENTS (thats WITH dogs and cats) so a house is no problem.

so hubby is full of hogwash IMO. :thumbup:

we have 3 (trying for 4) and no one offers to babysit but if i needed one i know people that could and would do it if the need arose. we have had 1 car pretty much our whole marriage ranging from Neon, different Vans, Focus, Fusion- all fit 3 carseats fine. We have squeezed everyone into 1 and 2 bedroom APARTMENTS (thats WITH dogs and cats) so a house is no problem.

so hubby is full of hogwash IMO. :thumbup:

I agree!!
Wow, you're inspirational !! I know if I told him about cars etc being fine he would argue until he is blue in the face :(

I dont know that im an inspiration. We have just made it through our circumstances. :) Was it easy having 5 people, 4 dogs and 2 cats in a 1bdrm? No. Was it easy being pregnant and DH not working? No. Was it easy having 1 car and trying to coordinate everything? No. We just made it work though because we had to.

Yes, you should have a plan, a semi plan even, dont go blindly but everything cant and wont be picture perfect or youll be waiting a long time.

----
ETA: i will say we are in a much better place now if we were blessed again. We own a 3bdrm house, 1 car still (lol) and hubby has a good job but its NOT those things that make love or a family. <3

My situation is a little different because both DH and I were done at 2....but by some amazing luck that seems to defy the universe I still ended up getting pregnant last January with our third. It's true that we will need a new car (van) and we panicked about living in our tiny house with three children but you can make it work! A long time ago people had large families and didn't live in the massive spaces that a good portion of society are living in today.

As far as your husband having his mind set I feel for you :hugs: My DH is the same way and I do recall ttc #1 particularly hard because he didn't feel ready for a long time. That said, he eventually changed his mind so you never know, maybe your DH will have a change of heart too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->