Eeeeek - c section tomorrow!

DocMcStuffins

Cautiously expecting #3
Reaction score
So I'm 39+2 today and wasn't sure I'd make it to my section date tomorrow.

Bang on 37 weeks I started having regular contractions and pressure and then finally at 38+2 ended up in triage with strong contractions 3 minutes apart. Thankfully I was only 2cm dilated and they were happy for me to go home with codeine.

Ever since then I've carried on having the regular contractions and tons of pressure but have been willing myself to hang on until tomorrow for a nice relaxed elective section rather than a slightly more rushed one.

So somehow I've got through this past week dosed up on paracetamol and getting zero sleep, but I've done it! Even having strong contractions while I'm writing this post! Lol

So I have to fast from 10pm tonight and take one of my ranitidine tablets, then nothing but water throughout the night and one more ranitidine tablet at 6am, then be at hospital for 8am!

This is my third section, second elective so I know what to expect which is why I'm so nervous! I'm absolutely dreading having to have the needle put in the back of my hand! The spinal I can cope with but urgh, that needle makes me wanna throw up!

But, this time tomorrow I'll be getting ready to be taken down and finally meet my baby!

Feel a bit sad too that today is my final day ever with just my 2 girls, that from tomorrow onwards they have to share me.

X

I'm sat waiting to go down for mine. Should be in between half 10 and 11. Any time now!

If I don't get on again, massive good luck sweets!

Oh wow! How exciting for you!

I hope everything goes brilliantly for you.

Do you know what number you were on the list? We've been told we're second on the list. I know it can all change what with emergencies etc, but with my last c section we were told we would be taken down around 3pm but then they ended up taking us down at 10.30am!

Hoping we won't be kept waiting too long tomorrow!

X

Exciting! Wishing you both the best of luck, Doc and Gnomer!

Mine is tomorrow too!! I am so incredibly nervous, it's my first experience of surgery. I am also unbelievably excited. I have been barely able to sleep. It makes me feel good to know someone else will be in the same boat. I'll be thinking of you! I have been told I'll likely be one of the first as I have an anterior placenta previa which can be complicated so they'll want to get me over and done with.

Eek! It's actually happening!

Good luck Leliana! You'll be fine, it's such a lovely calm experience going from my past elective.

X

Good luck Leliana! You'll be fine, it's such a lovely calm experience going from my past elective.

X

Thank you honey :flower: I have read some of your posts about sections and they do make me feel really positive. It is so strange knowing which day your little one will be here but also so exciting. I just want it to happen now, this waiting around has given me waaaay too much time to think!

I totally see my section experiences as positive ones. I don't feel robbed of anything and bonded great with both my daughters.

Enjoy every minute and get your oh to take a camera into theatre with you, we have sons amazing photos of our second daughter just as she had been taken out of me!

Can't wait to hear about your experience!

Good luck again, will be thinking of you!

X

How exciting!!! Best of luck I hope everything goes nice and smoothly for you.

Boo for no food though ;) :haha:

Best of luck!! It must be surreal knowing you're going to be holding your baby tomorrow! I'm sure it's a wonderful feeling aswell, though :)

I can't wait to see your little one!

Good luck to everyone!! So exciting!

I can't wait for mine. 11 weeks from tomorrow! :happydance: And first on the list so far(barring any emergencies) And I'm with you on the spinal :wacko: That is the only part I'm dreading. Didn't help that with my first, they had to take out the needle and reposition it. Apparently I had moved a bit. I'm gonna be like a statue this time!

How is it going Doc McStuffins? Did you have a nice day with your girls? I had a bit of a wobble when I said goodbye to my DD, it suddenly hit me how real everything is. I won't be seeing her now until Thursday which is the longest we have ever been apart!

What time are you up tomorrow? I have to be on labour ward for 7am and have been asked my final antibacterial wash in the morning so have to get up at 5am. I am pleased about this as I can't imagine I'll get much sleep.

Hope you are doing well! I am really looking forward to your update :)

I'm ok! Can't sleep though. I had a nice day with my girls though thanks, we just chilled out together. Felt a bit dad after they'd gone to bed as I know that's the last time they'll go to bed and it just be them. From now on they'll have to share me. It made me wish I'd cuddled them even more today.

We have to be in hospital for 8am and need to leave home at 7 so will be up about 6 I guess. The only thing I didn't do was shave down there, I was going to but then I saw something on here about how you shouldn't shave so did some googling and there seems to be conflicting info about whether you should or not. Some say it can cause infection and you should leave it for the surgeon to do in theatre and some seem to say it's ok. So I left it! Lol.

Can't believe I can't eat now til whenever they let me after it's been done! I feel hungry already.

Good luck with everything! Will be looking out for your update too!

X

Just popping over from November Sparklers to check how you are going? Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"